Can't add Charge HR for Step tracking

Options
I recently switch back to a fitbit after the force gave me a rash. I removed the jawbone from my account and connected my fitbit account. I am getting calorie adjustments but not steps.

When I go into the mobile app settings, try to add a new tracker and select fitbit nothing happens. Is this an issue on MFP or fitbit? Has anyone else seen this issue? I can't seem to find that option via the website so I don't see another way to set this up.

Replies

• singlewhip1
    Options
    I am having the same problem. Just bought FitBit Charge HR and joined MFP. Went to mobile app settings, added fitbit charge and nothing happened. My 12,000 steps from yesterday do not appear, neither does the calories burned.
  • EconnieJ
    EconnieJ Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Same here! Additionally, my exercises are not syncing with MFP; however, my food is syncing with FitBit. Irritating because I eat back my calories and since it hasn't been syncing, I have to calculate on my own. Math is not my best subject, LOL
  • bababs89
    bababs89 Posts: 307 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I'm having the same issue - my exercise calories synced to MyFitnessPal for about 2 days and now they are not...my steps haven't synced at all.
  • laprade65
    Options
    At least it's not just me.
  • bababs89
    bababs89 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I uninstalled the MyFitnessPal app on my phone and reinstalled it - I was then magically able to select my Fitbit as my step tracker and my steps and calorie adjustments came back!
  • singlewhip1
    Options
    Wow now it is working for me. I installed an update for my iphone 6 and then installed the fitbit app on the iphone. Within about an hour everything started to sync, including the previous days steps. Then I backed up all apps to my PC and again to the cloud, just in case.
  • Katiebear_81
    Katiebear_81 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    EconnieJ wrote: »
    Same here! Additionally, my exercises are not syncing with MFP; however, my food is syncing with FitBit. Irritating because I eat back my calories and since it hasn't been syncing, I have to calculate on my own. Math is not my best subject, LOL

Does your fitbit dashboard give you a calorie allowance? I log into MFP, but use my dashboard to tell me how much to eat, as it's a more accurate due to actual movement statistics and not just basic guessing like on MFP.
  • singlewhip1
    Options
    My fitbit dashboard shows the amount of calories burned along with a grid bar that shows how many calories I have yet to burn for the day. If you scroll down the dashboard you should see Calories eaten and calories left totals.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    EconnieJ wrote: »

Exercises do not sync to MFP from Fitbit, only the step count, and the total daily burn which includes any exercise done.

As to eating goal - look at device and daily burn, subtract 500, eat that much up to then.
  • guntherpmarlow
    guntherpmarlow Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Reinstalling the app fixes all the issues. I had the same problem with steps. Simply deleting the app, relaunching it and then going into settings and clicking sync fixed it all.

Happy calorie burning everyone!
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    If you uninstall and then reinstall mfp does it erase your past history? Do you have to start from day 1 again??
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    If you uninstall and then reinstall mfp does it erase your past history? Do you have to start from day 1 again??

Data is not maintained in the app, which is limited memory store.
    It's maintained in your account.

So just don't delete your account.

Uninstalling an app is not your account.