February Challenge! Who's interested?

Options
We haven't had a monthly challenge in a while. Anyone interested?

To all the new people here, this is not a competition. It is a way to challenge yourself to meet your self-determined goal. It doesn't have to be pounds, it can be to drink more water, exericse so many days a week, take so many steps a day, etc.

The challenge is also a good place to toot your own horn, look for advice and encouragement, and remain accountable to yourself.

I'll start: I think that the short month is a good time to challenge myself to really stay the course. 28 days. 4 weeks. No slip-ups! My weight loss is slowing down so I have less leeway to make mistakes, yet I still have a ways to go! I'm setting a goal of a 4-pounds loss by March 3. This will be tough.

We usually do Tuesday reporting and weigh-ins, so we will do so this Tuesday to start and see where we are finally on March 3.

Replies

• wandakc
    wandakc Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I'm all for it Charlie!! I will start my challenge as WALKING for 30 minutes each and every day!!
  • Myrtbbk
    Myrtbbk Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm in. My goal is to be sure to eat lunch. I frequently skip it and it can cause problems. My PCP told me to carry a protein bar, an ensure, some nuts or something with good nutrition so I don't overdo it at dinner. If I'm not going to be home at lunch time, I'll plan ahead and bring something to eat while on the move.
  • mxchana
    mxchana Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Great idea, Charlie - I need this so I'm in. My goal is to achieve my minimum goal of 40 minutes of exercise every day. I have been depending on a few really good days and slacking a bit on other days. More consistent exercise is important for keeping my blood sugar level, so this is an important habit for me to develop. Here goes! ~ Kathy
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I'm in, my goal is to continue my booze free "Dry January" for February, no alcohol at all. I hope this will lose some weight but any weight loss will be a bonus, booze free is the goal
  • JoanLovell
    JoanLovell Posts: 127 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Me too. Goal - at least some exercise every day and lifting 3x/wk. I am struggling with every ounce, but I'll set a goal of 4 pounds down this month.
  • jeanmrob
    jeanmrob Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    I am in too...love a Challenge! I am at goal but to stay there I need to be careful so I will promise to do at least 10,000 steps a day... I too have been slacking a little...some days way over but other days a couple of thousand under......maybe I should take an average! lol

Also I will maintain my goal weight and weigh in at or below 8st 7lbs on March 3rd....

By the way March 3rd sounds like the year is zooming along far too fast!!!! Yikes!!! :D

Jean
  • SANGSTER63
    SANGSTER63 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I AM IN . I need to take off a lot of weight.I use to get around a lot more 3 years ago.I stop doing a lot of thing when Kai was born. I found out that I need to get back to what I use to do . So I made plans to start slow and work my way up. so FEB. I'd like to start by walking at the mall like I use to do and 4lb lost.
  • sharondtd
    sharondtd Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Count me in. I must walk more right now to maintain bone density, so my challenge is to strive for keeping my average weekly step count above 16,666 until I can stop taking this prescription.
  • GMgetsfit
    GMgetsfit Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I want to lose 6 lbs this month exercise 3 times a week on stationary bike and drink 5 - 8 glasses H2O a day. 1300 cal a day max
  • sharondtd
    Options
    Slipped into the closet where we hide the scale, and I'm back down the two pounds that appeared last week despite not slacking on the regimen. Met my steps goal yesterday. We're still dining on the Super Bowl fare, and there's a lot left over. How long do deli cuts stay good?
    Downloaded Lollipop yesterday, and the new keyboard is better and worse at the same time. Predictive text is even worse, with autocowreck having a field day with everything I you're. See what I mean? You're subdued *substituted* for t y p e when I swipe
  • sharondtd
    Options
    jeanmrob wrote: »
    I am in too...love a Challenge! I am at goal but to stay there I need to be careful so I will promise to do at least 10,000 steps a day... I too have been slacking a little...some days way over but other days a couple of thousand under......maybe I should take an average! lol

Jean
    Jean, honestly, taking the average sounds like a plan! Big congratulations on staying at goal.
  • mxchana
    mxchana Posts: 666 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Sharon, can you freeze deli cuts? ~ Kathy
  • grandmothercharlie
    grandmothercharlie Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    It's Tuesday, Feb. 3! Go to the first weigh-in post if reporting or you want to join in!
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    OK daft question, where is the first weigh in post?
  • sharondtd
    Options
    Freezing deli cuts? Don't know, but last night husband phoned when we were at the store and suggested we bring back something so we didn't have to eat sandwiches again! We still have POUNDS of sliced ham and salami left. Mxchana, if you have the answer, let me know! I'm thinking freeze them and use them later on pizza or pasta or in quiche or soups or casseroles or. ...
  • grandmothercharlie
    grandmothercharlie Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Farway: "Look for February Challenge - Weigh-in; Report #1- Baseline" subject for post in this group!
  • learntolive
    learntolive Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I freeze cold cuts. They are fine. MYRTBBK I eat a protein bar every morning for breakfast and keep one in my purse in case my sugar drops. They are high in trans fats, so keep that in mind. I'm in the challenge. Thanks for getting it going. I am riding an exercise bike 25 min. this week, increasing 5 min every week. Also doing stretches and exercises for neck, back and hip. Will pledge to exercise 5x a week.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,754 Member
    Options
    mxchana wrote: »
    Sharon, can you freeze deli cuts? ~ Kathy

I am not Sharon but we freeze deli meats all the time, buy them in big packages from Costco, way to large for a couple alone to eat without spoilage, so we just pop them in the freezer. No problems defrosting just put in fridge the night before you want to open another package and they will be good to use by lunch time the next day.