Struggling

Options
Shoefly318
Shoefly318 Posts: 69 Member
I'm 6 days out and really struggling to keep fluids down I have tried diffrent things to see what my stomch likes and so far its not found of any of them.did anybody else have this? And what finally worked
I have thrown up many times and get horrible stomch pains at times.

Replies

• pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    I had this if I drank too fast or too much. What worked for me was using a shot glass. I drank that amount whether it was a shake or water and no more. Waited at least 5 monutes and drank another shot glass. It's easier to sip from that tiny glass. I also found I did better in "sipping" when I used a straw. Otherwise I tended to gulp. Those two things helped me a lot at the beginning. Hang in there, it does get betting.
  • rscpjim
    rscpjim Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Yes a shot glass was my best friend for the first few days. I barely got on protien drink in the first day. each day got easier and by the end of the week I was able to intake most of my protien. I am about 3 almost 4 weeks out now and able to get everything I need to live if you will as far as intake. Water protien and meals. All puree at this point. I imagine the Surgeon will losing it up after the next visit. I already kind of have anyway with the last meal I made. I just chewed it to puree. Figure it was the same thing.
    Anyway Good luck! I just know it will get better !
  • loriloftness
    loriloftness Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    pawoodhull wrote: »
    What worked for me was using a shot glass.

This is great advice. I found that early on it was hard for me to gauge what a proper "sipping" amount was and I had a tendency to drink too much/too fast. Unpleasant, to say the least. I also switched to a straw about 1 month in. For me, I drink slower but more in quantity from a straw than I did just drinking from a glass. Hang in there, it will get better.
  • mfpdevotee
    Options
    i am an ice lover..so I would make a large glass of ice water, let the ice soften a bit and then chew up the ice or let it melt in my mouth!!!!! weird, but it worked for me.. never had the gulping issue...
  • Shoefly318
    Shoefly318 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Thanks I will try using a shot glass to see if this helps.