confess your gym gaffes . . .

Replies

• Autumnfilly2005
    Autumnfilly2005 Posts: 232 Member
    I laughed so hard reading all these posts! Thank you for having the courage to post these. I'll put in my two cents, but mine aren't as funny.

I'm slowly building up a home gym, right now I only have a bench, some dumbbells and I just recently got myself a barbell. I usually work out outside because I'm super embarrassed for other people seeing me exercise. Well, in this case I was really happy to have my barbell and was showing off inside. I decided to do ohp... While standing under the dining room lights. Thankfully I was stopped before I got all the way up and shattered the glass.

My second one was more me being lucky. I was on my bench outside, resting between sets. A flock of birds flew overhead. My first thought was, How pretty! My second thought was, Close your mouth! Thankfully, no bombs were dropped.
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    edited February 2015
    One from last night. So, I don't have pockets and last time I had my locker key in shorts pockets at the gym, I lost the key. It's a lock for like a suitcase so very small and just barely fits on the lockers. Since having one cut was embarrassing enough, I've found it easier to use a clip and I attach that to my bra strap because that way, it shouldn't disappear.

Well, except it can move and last night I almost wondered how I was going to get to the key because instead of staying in front, it had slipped to my back. That could have been awkward if I'd had to remove it just to get my key. lol
  • jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    I frequently punch my own face in Body Combat :\
  • roxylola
    roxylola Posts: 540 Member
    DawnEmbers wrote: »
    One from last night. So, I don't have pockets and last time I had my locker key in shorts pockets at the gym, I lost the key. It's a lock for like a suitcase so very small and just barely fits on the lockers. Since having one cut was embarrassing enough, I've found it easier to use a clip and I attach that to my bra strap because that way, it shouldn't disappear.

Well, except it can move and last night I almost wondered how I was going to get to the key because instead of staying in front, it had slipped to my back. That could have been awkward if I'd had to remove it just to get my key. lol

I keep my key in my bra cup. My attitude is I am getting undressed anyway so what the heck!
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    jo_marnes wrote: »

:D:D:D i've smacked myself in the face with free plates. not the bars, although i'm versatile; i can do that too. just the plates, either bringing them up to a bar or hoisting them to shoulder height for easier carrying.

and nothing seems to teach me that 45lbs is a weight you can't muffle by just letting it slide downwards until it lands on your own foot.
  • roxylola wrote: »

I keep my key in my bra cup. My attitude is I am getting undressed anyway so what the heck!

When running or other workouts I generally tie my key into my shoelaces. Double tie and secure for the entire run!
  • jo_marnes wrote: »

Yep, I do that all the time with the kick boxing type workouts. I guess that's why I don't like them so much. I also feel like a geek flailing around...Glad I workout at home in my basement :-)
  • DawnEmbers
    I change as little as possible at the gym. When I go after work I already have the sports bra on so just need to change pants and shirt. I'm not comfortable enough to do anything more.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,928 Member
    I change as little as possible at the gym. When I go after work I already have the sports bra on so just need to change pants and shirt. I'm not comfortable enough to do anything more.

May I suggest using a combination lock? Solves all these problems.
  • DawnEmbers
    Eh, then I would have to buy one and remember the combination. I bought the cheapest lock I could find from work where I get a discount.
  • mirrim52
    mirrim52 Posts: 763 Member
    They have combination locks that you can set your own combination for now :)
  • canadianlbs
    mirrim52 wrote: »
    They have combination locks that you can set your own combination for now :)

true, but once you set it you have to remember it.

/person with abus bike lock

• DawnEmbers
    Exactly. :wink: Really, it came down to price for me. I bought the cheapest usable lock I could. The joys of low budgets.

• roxylola
    roxylola Posts: 540 Member
    My lock cost me a pound. The shoe idea is good but I wear skechers with the elastic no laces lol! Also, I lose the locks so I shall stick with my cheap one too!
  • Not really a gym gaffe as much as a blonde moment but here goes. Actually, I don't remember if I've told this story in here so forgive me for possibly having another blonde moment on top of it.

A few weeks ago I was telling my husband how my "side back" is really sore. Recreation is below:

Me: My side back hurts, like here *points to entire sides of back. I don't know what I did!
    Mr. Holiday Golightly: You mean your lats?
    Me: Is that where my lats are??
    Mr. HG: Uh, yes.
    Me: I thought those were around your shoulders.
    Mr. HG: :confused:
    Me: Like here *points everywhere.
    Mr. HG: Didn't you do lat pulldowns in the gym yesterday?
    Me: :neutral_face: Yes.

• LazyFoodie
    LazyFoodie Posts: 217 Member
    So as i was getting dressed today after my shower I realized that I forgot to pack pants... so I had to put on my sweaty leggings back on. Then because I have no shame and I justified that this was Friday, I went to work instead of going home to change.
  • I like you, @nancy274
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,353 Member
    nancy274 wrote: »
    So as i was getting dressed today after my shower I realized that I forgot to pack pants... so I had to put on my sweaty leggings back on. Then because I have no shame and I justified that this was Friday, I went to work instead of going home to change.

This made me lol. High five for extra casual Fridays!
  • DawnEmbers
    Yeah, so today with the deadlift was trying for 200, which requires the 2.5 plates. Brought them over and added to the warm-up weights but somehow, I forgot to add one of them on the left side. So, I lifted 197.5 instead of 200. Ooops.
  • canadianlbs
    Mr. Holiday Golightly: You mean your lats?

LOL! i'll tell you, i foam rolled my lats recently and it took a week to get rid of the doms that that let out of the box. i was so excited to discover that i even had lats . . .