Where to enter calories burned during exericse?

Options
I have a fitbit flex that I wear 24/7. When running I wear my garmin heart rate monitor. Do I enter the calories my HRM tells me I burned during exercise into myfitnesspal or into fitbit? I don't want MFP to double count my exercise calories.

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter as long as you enter the correct start time and duration. Either way it will overwrite whatever fitbit thought you burned during that time frame.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    If you enter it in Fitbit - they have a better exercise diary feature for actually reviewing the workouts. I think.

Plus that removes one required sync compared to logging it on MFP, which must sync over to Fitbit, and then changed daily burn back over to MFP.

Also doing it on Fitbit allows you to just make a nice wall post with more detail about your workout.
  • zelannie
    zelannie Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm also wearing a Heart rate monitor when i run, use the Fitbit and MFP. It's confusing for a bunch of reasons. First, because there is a BIG difference between what Fitbit and MFP say my calories burned are - versus the HRM which is almost double what the apps say. So I am not sure which to believe though i am leaning toward the HRM which of course is measuring me physically. This may be wrong but i end up inputting the real HRM calories burned into MFP so i can actually register/track what it says i've burned.
    - I'm wondering if anyone has experienced this too? Pls reply! Im stumped
    -
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    zelannie wrote: »
    I'm also wearing a Heart rate monitor when i run, use the Fitbit and MFP. It's confusing for a bunch of reasons. First, because there is a BIG difference between what Fitbit and MFP say my calories burned are - versus the HRM which is almost double what the apps say. So I am not sure which to believe though i am leaning toward the HRM which of course is measuring me physically. This may be wrong but i end up inputting the real HRM calories burned into MFP so i can actually register/track what it says i've burned.
    - I'm wondering if anyone has experienced this too? Pls reply! Im stumped
    -

Did you read the post right above yours.

Plus, keep in mind the Fitbit calorie adjustment is NOT just exercise, it should rarely ever match your HRM calorie burn. Which yes, you should manually enter in Fitbit.