Calorie Warning

Options
Can't we get an option in Settings to get rid of calorie warnings? I'm eating my 3 square and then some, and I'm just not hungry for more. I weigh 240 pounds, so I'm not starving myself. At least allow people over 18 to change it, make a warning pop up before you change it or something, then you cover yourself.

Signed,
Annoyed

Replies

• FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    How low are you going? Are you meeting the minimum fat/protein requirements each day? Are you meeting your micronutrient needs?

Based on some very rough estimates (M/44/70"/240lbs/35%BF) [height and bf% are just guesses] you need 94-156g of protein a day.

Are you getting 30g+ fat a day?
    Are you getting 94g+ protein a day?

That would be 646 calories. WAY LOW. Obviously, I don't suggest you do that. And, it would be hard to hit exactly those without going over. Then it would also be nearly impossible to hit the micro-nutrient needs at the same time. Really, you shouldn't be going much lower than the 1,400 or 1,500 they recommend for men. And, definitely not lower than the 1,200 recommended for women. Even the best plan for such an attempt with reduced risks (Lyle McDonald's Rapid Fat Loss), states that it will potentially harm you and there should be weekly higher calorie days/meals and frequent full diet breaks. And, the risks are only mitigated by very careful control of everything, not casual "I'm not eating much because I am not hungry" restriction.

The main thing is, why do you want to go so low? I average 2200 calories a day and am losing (albeit slowly 0.5 lbs a week). You could easily eat 1700-1900 calories a day and lose 1-1.5 lbs a week. It's easier to hit all your macro and micro-nutrient needs at that level. Plus, it's also profoundly more satisfying to see the look on people's faces when they watch you eat that much and lose weight rapidly.
  • melyndavaz
    melyndavaz Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue. I can't close my diary if I don't eat at least 1k calories a day. Some days I am not hungry. I see these comments go back and forth and sometimes by the same person. 'Eat only when your hungry' 'If your eating enough fat you'll be satiated longer' 'Eat the minimum calories'. It's all so confusing. I've just decided that each persons body is its own machine. You know if you feel well or if you're dragging. Listen to your body and keep adjusting to optimize yourself. When you are eating for someone else's body, it's a diet. When you're eating for your body, it's a way of life.
  • tq33702
    tq33702 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    melyndavaz wrote: »
    I have the same issue. I can't close my diary if I don't eat at least 1k calories a day. Some days I am not hungry. I see these comments go back and forth and sometimes by the same person. 'Eat only when your hungry' 'If your eating enough fat you'll be satiated longer' 'Eat the minimum calories'. It's all so confusing. I've just decided that each persons body is its own machine. You know if you feel well or if you're dragging. Listen to your body and keep adjusting to optimize yourself. When you are eating for someone else's body, it's a diet. When you're eating for your body, it's a way of life.

^^^^^^
  • hippygirl325
    hippygirl325 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I personally think if you're meeting your min nutritional needs and your body isn't wanting food, don't feed it. We all know the generally recommended nutritional guidelines aren't always accurate, obviously, from the diet we're all on! lol
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    Hey I try the safe route and eat enough so I do not die in my slept due to starvation. :)

Seriously if most of us ate/logged ZERO calories one day a week we would not die from it I expect.