anyone gotten hives/rash from keto ?

Options
Debbiedebbiey
Debbiedebbiey Posts: 824 Member
I have misquito bite looking hives on my arms, been researching, sounds like maybe keto induced. I added in an Apple today, still itching.....anyone have any experience with this. ?

Thanks !

Replies

• Mistizoom
    Mistizoom Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of that. Have you added in any new foods or increased use of other foods since starting this WOE? Like nuts, legumes, shellfish, coconut, etc.? Food allergies can develop any time. What about new lotions, clothing, etc.?
  • Debbiedebbiey
    Options
    Mct oil, but I haven't used it in a few days bc of this. No change. I've spent a few hrs looking it up, and it sounds like what I have. Though yes, I do eat nuts, dairy, etc.. So if a food allergy wants to pop up out of nowhere, it could be a food allergy. Weird.....and itchy !!!
    I do wonder how long it takes, once you stop injesting it to get out of your system. From what I've read it's the toxins, from the fat in the body, breaking loose into the bloodstream........gross !
  • Rei1988
    Rei1988 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I got a little rash/breakout on my jaw line, it slowly went away though, I heard some people get it on their chest or back. Could be allergies or something else in your environment? soap? bugs maybe? Probably just keto adjusting. I heard reducing/cutting out dairy may help.
  • kiramaniac
    kiramaniac Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    It doesnt sound conostent with keto rash, Prurigo Pigmentosa. A low % of people that do keto get that - but that's usually back / chest.
  • Debbiedebbiey
    Options
    Anyone know how long it takes a food to get out of your system once you stop having it ?
  • kiramaniac
    kiramaniac Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Maybe take some benadryl? If it's a true allergic histamine reaction, I think that can help. Probably safest to see the doc!
  • Debbiedebbiey
    Options
    I will call the doc, . Family doc or dermatologist ? I have been on needful for a week. Not much help which is why I thought it was keto. Up to 49 carbs I think yesterday, still itching. Maybe yeast allergy ? Geez ! Who knows. Mct oil is only "New" food I've added.
  • Athena98501
    Athena98501 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I will call the doc, . Family doc or dermatologist ? I have been on needful for a week. Not much help which is why I thought it was keto. Up to 49 carbs I think yesterday, still itching. Maybe yeast allergy ? Geez ! Who knows. Mct oil is only "New" food I've added.

Immunologist, ideally (Allergist). I had a sudden allergy develop last year. My best guess was shellfish, as I'd just eaten at Red Lobster for the first time in a long time. Turned out to be ibuprofen. I'd taken it regularly for years. Don't assume it's a result of a change in your diet. Get a battery of allergy tests, including everything you don't think you're allergic to, and including non-food possibilities.
  • iris8pie
    iris8pie Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    It may be from Candida die off.
    A candida cleanse diet is similar to keto.