What's Your Weakness?

Options
jackiebh42
jackiebh42 Posts: 14 Member
Mine: Wine. Weekends.
I do SOOO well working out daily, eating right & adhering to my target calories all week & then the weekend rolls around & everything I've worked hard on all week goes out the window. Sigh!
A glass of wine (OK, I lie... 2, maybe 3) on Friday, a beer (or 2) Saturday etc... Lots of snacking here & there & almost always exceed my max calories.
I'm catholic so I'm HOPING to give up

Replies

• jenszzz
    jenszzz Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm a snacker and social eater and drinker. I don't think I've ever been to a gathering where I didn't eat/drink a lot of excess calories. 9 days logging in so far and this weekend will be a big test for me.
  • twintersremax
    Options
    I am the same. Always drinks and usually high calorie foods involved. Wine has a lot of carbs. Maybe try vodka or 70 cal rum with diet sprite/cola. I think that helps me. Also try to not leave the house hungry. Eat a snack that is high in protein before you go so you will maybe make a better choice because you won't be hungry. Its hard but I believe it can be done. We can do this!!!
  • jackiebh42
    Options
    Thanks for the handy hints/ tips. My willpower is almost zilch sometimes BUT I have weekends when I'm pretty good. Need to get back on track! ;)
  • 40andFindingFitness
    Options
    Chocolate
  • divastyle1901
    Options
    Any thing sweet
  • CKMillson
    CKMillson Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    dessert... I love SUGAR and FAT put them together. I try to keep them out of my house. I just came back from vacation and my friend loads her wine glass with ice. She told me it was to slow her down on the volume of actual wine she consumes. She has lost a lot of weight and has successfully kept it off. I don't like watery wine so not sure if it would work for me, I do think it would work for rum and coke though!
  • tvanouck650
    Options
    Salty snacks.
  • jackiebh42
    Options
    Thanks for the handy hints/ tips. My willpower is almost zilch sometimes BUT I have weekends when I'm pretty good. Need to get back on track! ;)
  • jackiebh42
    Options
    Ooops! REPEAT! :p
  • ljohnson216
    ljohnson216 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I love simple carbs. Glorious, wonderful, and delicious simple carbs... Breads, cereal, crackers, you name it. I could eat them all day long.
  • sancollins
    Options
    Sweets are my downfall! I try not to have anything sweet during the week but allow myself to have something special on Saturdays
  • carriemad
    carriemad Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    hi everybody- just joining! my weakness- all of the above! which as completely derailed my weight loss goals lately- any tips to manage the weaknesses and continue to lose weight that have worked for you?
  • alliemay1024
    alliemay1024 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    My main weakness is boredom. I try to keep myself occupied, but I cannot be on the go all the time.

Also, I think about my next meal before the one I am eating is over. I can deal without sweet. I am diabetic, so that is a no brainer, but I tend to overeat everything else.

I have been doing good for 5 days now, but I have 2 days off in a row coming up. Pretty worried that my true to self habit will have me OVER-indulging in food.. Whether good for me or not.
  • vvallentyne
    vvallentyne Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Bread, bread, BREAD!!! oh and chocolate ;)
  • runmama411
    runmama411 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I love the social aspect of eating good food. My husband and I are foodies. My weaknesses are great so I need to make small changes and shift lifestyle choices around. This is very difficult but very needed. I'm tired of feeling unhealthy and looking frumpy.
  • jackiebh42
    Options
    Interesting reading about our weaknesses. A reminder that we are just human. ;)
  • KimWW
    KimWW Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Pizza. If I order a pizza, I will eat a pizza. There is no in between.
    So, I have had to (try to) stop ordering pizza at all.
    Maybe it's for the best, for the whole family, not just me. (when I succeed in not ordering pizza)
  • myfreeacct
    myfreeacct Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Why do today, what you can say you will do tomorrow.
    Cakes with lots of frosting, couple cookies.
    funny thing when I was a kid I hated frosting. Now all I have to do is just think of it and my mouth waters. I can feel my butt get bigger UGH!
  • yellowradiates
    yellowradiates Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I am a potato chip and white cheddar popcorn addict. If life is cruising along I maintain portion control - bored or stressed and do not get between me and the bag. Actually bored or stressed or emotional nothing is safe, need a project. Before Christmas we made paving stone penguins and minions kept me out of the pantry. Time to learn to knit.
    -
  • hisfitwife11
    hisfitwife11 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Ugg..SUGAR!! Anything sweet..Sadly. Hoping to break my sugar addiction this time around.