20s challenge

Options
13»

Replies

• ashmarie8722
    ashmarie8722 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Yay for logging. I will add it! I got through the first day too. oh no. I hate that, your body needed something. :)

I did the push ups, better than i expected 11 in one minute. And although not a challenge on here finished week 1 of c25k, however, I am going to repeat week 1, I had to take longer walking breaks tonight. Also still got my water intake in today woot!

yay @Shaney86‌!!! you lost the most this week. way to go girl! Everyone got the work out goal :) and water was a little rough but its the first week. Lets make week two great!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1akyua9_DiIUZ0Fzjgh5FfYYHQCBk45bTUlH42trSp1E/edit?usp=sharing
  • Itsjustme86
    Itsjustme86 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Way to go on the push ups!! Its good to repeat a week then push yourself to hard and end up injured!
    I logged today and got 45 minutes of cardio in! Going back to the nutrionist on Monday to see if I am missing something in my diet and that's why I am constantly hungry!
    Just out of curiosity how many calories does everyone usually eat a day?
  • ashmarie8722
    Options
    Yay, i updated the spreadsheet, and Christina has been adding hers too :). I hope they can help you, :)

I eat 1200-1500 a day. My diary is open youre more than welcome to look, but hence our goal this week. I am not great at logging lately, but when i am thats when i loose so. I also do better when i actually weigh my food. I just need to give in and get a scale again.

As for me i logged and stayed under today. I also did the stairmaster, rowing and some weights. Including my 13 push ups in a min. I think i will add another rule, that i can't rest except in up position, and keep my head up, i have a hard time not looking down (for fear i will fall on the floor which is actually really stupid, because looking down means i'd smash my nose not my chin lol ). Overall though, i feel great tonight. Ready for c25k tomorrow !
  • Itsjustme86
    Options
    Wtg logging and staying under! 13 push ups in a minute is pretty darn good!! How's the C25K going?
    I have logged and been under everyday so far woot! Worked out with my trainer yesterday and walked to and from the gym!
    I am frustrated though... My husband who only eats my healthy dinner then eats crap the other meals and barely exercises lost more weight in January then I did :( I know it shouldn't frustrate me but when I work hard and see someone barely trying and losing more kinda makes me wanna scream or give up :(
  • ashmarie8722
    Options
    Well, I am starting with a personal trainer tomorrow. I am doing a fit test and going from there, to see if boot camp or ind sessions would be better to get me in shape for the military. I am really nervous and excited. I logged but went over today, and I don't think I will do my push ups. I know lame the night before something new but oh well.

As for the husband issue. Girl i feel you my boyfriend is a foot taller than me (6'4'') and weighs the same as me! lame!
  • Itsjustme86
    Options
    How did your session go with your trainer? It's okay to take a day off! Especially before getting your butt kicked by a trainer!
    I have been logging and did cardio last night! Took today off though! Did lots of walking but that's because it's my form of transportation!
    I don't know if it's the weather or the terrible air but I am down and can't seem to get myself out of this funk :( Hopefully I can get out of it before leaving on vacation in a week!
  • ChristinaMolinari
    Options
    Gosh, way to make me feel really single... :)

Keep up the hard work ladies! Remember, we are tomorrow what we do today.

Have a great start to the week!
  • ashmarie8722
    Options
    Hey ladies. Sorry, our internet has been down and I spent most of the weekend watching my friends kids.

So, I will update the spreadsheet in the morning :)@Shaney86‌ If you have a gmail message it to me and I can give you editing rights so you can edit it yourself too.

Way to keep it up ladies. I had two sessions last week Thursday and Friday. Saturday and Sunday I could barely get up from a chair or couch. Today I had another hr session. I definitely feel progress, and know I am pushing myself harder with his help. I didn't seen any loss this week though. I have been logging and staying under. I have also kept up with at least 7 glasses of water a day. I also started the skinny bunny tea which is supposed to help with different things. Right now i am doing the energy and detox. I am not convinced it works, but worth a try.

I hope I can move tomorrow, so that I can do some running or spinning ( i am thinking of doing a class, opinions? )

missed you guys. Sorry i got off the forum habit. but I am back :)
  • ashmarie8722
    edited February 2015
    Options
  • Itsjustme86
    Options
    Don't worry about not seeing a loss! It happens! My week was like that too! It's soooo frustrating though! Glad to hear your sessions are going well!
    I am getting ready for vacation next week! My goal is to not gain any weight while away!
    I love spinning! I used to do it all the time until I moved to China now I can't find a class :(
    Tomorrow is training with the trainer! She's really stepped it up these last couple weeks which is good!
    How about do some sort of exercise for 30 minutes each day?
    Christina sometimes I wish I was really single! Lol especially when my non-exercising poor eating habit husband loses more weight then me! Men suck haha
  • ashmarie8722
    Options
    Thanks Shaney! I will have to try out the spinning, sorry about the lack of spin classes in china. ;) Stepping it up is great, even as tired as I get or as sore it feels good. I also enjoy being able to just work out and not think so hard about it, just do what he says.

30 min a day works great for me, i need the motivation on my off days from the pt now. Ah, tell me about it, mine eats a box of these girl scout cookies and is 10 pounds lighter ;) I eat 1 and gain 20 lbs.

What about a dietary goal? it seems like we all log pretty well. my cousins have "fruit and veggie challenges" to see who eats more throughout the day, kind of corny, but maybe? any better ideas?
  • Itsjustme86
    Options
    Did you make it to spinning? I am soooo jealous you are spinning!! I love having a trainer it sure helps with motivation!
    I did my workout tonight and walked home from the gym! Does anyone else find the weigh less at night then in the morning? Or am I just really weird? haha
    We could do a fruit and veggie challenge but that might be better to start on a Monday? I am so bad thinking up dietary challenges!
    How is everyones week going? Its hump day!!
  • ChristinaMolinari
    Options
    Is spinning difficult? I have heard mixed reviews about how awesome it is, but others talk about how much they want to fall over and die during it. I have never noticed differences between day and night weighing. i'm going to have to try it and pay more attention!

Warning: The following paragraph is a selfish rant. Feel free to skip it.
    So my motivation has been all but completely gone as far as working out. I still go and follow my regimen, but there is no effort at all to push myself. Remember how I talked about being single. Well, that has only been for 4 months after a nearly three year relationship. I won't go into the sappy details of it, but eventually distance took its toll.

On Monday, I found that he has a new girlfriend.

I knew that this day would come eventually, but I can't help for feeling hurt that it came so quick. It makes me second guess myself and the relationship we had. Was I worth it? Did it mean anything? And on and on. I know these are ridiculous thoughts to have, but they cross my mind never the less.

End Rant.

I agree with Shaney on the fruits and veggies challenge!
  • ashmarie8722
    Options
    I loved spinning, I mean every exercise is what you make it. You can push yourself too much too. My average heart rate stayed high, but it was low impact and felt good. I will be going again on Saturday, as I have my personal training session tomorrow.

I have noticed huge (5) pound fluctuations throughout the day. I got to weighing way too much possibly. I would say just stay consistent with what you wear and when. And measure once a month, same day and same time as well.

Oh yeah, Starting on monday is key. I never think about them in advance, need to work on that. so lets focus on working out till then, and then we can start the fruit and veggie challenge monday along with what exercise goal you think guys? I think the 3 of us definitely do well there, but how can we use the goal to push ourselves.

Christina, Girl I am so sorry. I have been there. I was in the best shape of my life, thought i met the perfect guy, and was in a trance. I woke up 3 years later, biggest ive ever been in my life, with no job, feeling like crap, and realizing he meant more to me than i meant to him, after I gave up everything. The best advice I got was from my sister in law. She told me, you will find the perfect guy for you, by focusing on you, that person will add to you for the better. And she said the truth is we all know and don't know through out the relationship. I knew for a long time that bad was bad, i just didn't want to face it. When I decided I was important again, I moved to Europe and got my masters. I met an amazing guy, but the key difference is, although I love him I still focus on me. He encouranges and and supports me. You are an amazing wonderful strong person, define yourself, don't let anyone else define you. Its the hardest thing I do sometimes, and sometimes I fail at it, but to get up and decide you are important, and life is important and feeling good is important, is the biggest trick. Sorry for the long story, but now I am working on me again. Not in a selfish way, I have people who are important in my life and i make time for them. But in a IF I DON"T MAKE MYSELF HAPPY NO ONE ELSE WILL way.

My biggest struggle, and maybe something we should set as a goal, is to find something to make you smile within 10 minutes of waking up.

Sorry for the really really long post, I am grateful for you wonderful ladies in my life. :)
  • Itsjustme86
    Options
    My week has been good! Exercised everyday but yesterday! Got busy then had dinner with friends and got home to late to do a cardio workout :( but I still walked to and from work! I stopped my insulin injections this week and my blood sugars are absolutely perfect! This to me is wayyyy better then any number on a scale!!

Glad you liked spin!!! It's such a great workout and if you can find an awesome instructor they can help you set your bike properly and everything!

Christina! Don't ever feel that way! Everything in life happens for a reason! Your perfect guy will come along when you least except it and every guy until then is just practice!

I like the idea of finding something to make you smile within 10 minutes of waking up! If you wake up in a bad mood then it's a bad mood all day :( (atleast for me!)

I am off to Bali for the next week! I will try to check in when I get a chance! Have a great week and Happy Year of the Sheep!! Let's make it our year!!
  • ashmarie8722
    Options
    Have a wonderful time Shaney!

I am adding spinning to my running and Personal trainer. Tomorrow I am considering all 3, Run, trainer, and spinning tomorrow night. We will see how it goes. I am ready and I need a change, guess that change is gym rat status. :smiley:
  • krystyngatewood
    Options
    Hi everyone! I would love to join in on these challenges! This group and the challenges sounds like a great way to stay motivated! Maybe instead of the spreadsheet we can use announcements for each weeks status and comment progress throughout the week, or results at the end of the week?

I just joined with Planet Fitness, so I'll be joining you on the gym rat status ashmarie!
  • Itsjustme86
    Options
    Welcome krysty! It is great for staying motivated!

Did you end up getting all 3 done in one day ashmarie? Just don't over do it and hurt yourself!

Vacation has been good! I only cheated twice (and very minor cheats a few French fries one day and shared nachos tonight) but the rest have been healthy foods :) I also made it to the gym everyday but Sunday and that's because we landed at 6am and between napping and just enjoying there was no time for the gym but we went for a long walk on the beach!
    I am just hoping I haven't gained any weight while away!

How is everyone's week going?
  • tenbucksinquarters
    Options
    Hey - are you guys still going on this?? I want in :-)