knee problems

Options
hnyzthms
hnyzthms Posts: 393 Member
Anyone suffer with bad knees? If so how are you doing. I'm on day 6 but knees playing up loads today :-(

Replies

• coulibalymuso
    coulibalymuso Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    My left knee suffered in the beginning, but it has been fine for the past week. I iced it a lot & was just about to buy a knee brace when it started feeling better. I only barely started doing the jump rope (and half the time I march in place) & the butt kicks. I also try to modify the squats like my friend Anita B)
  • THachAb
    THachAb Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    My right knee/shin are killing me. It almost feels like it is bruised or locked up, not the regular muscle soreness. Because of it, I'm only doing the workout every second day and I am modifying the jumping jacks to just step to each side instead of bounce out. (That one seems to be the worst for me). I am ok with the jump rope if I just do the tiniest of jumps.
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Modify modify modify!!!! When my knees or hips hurt even a little I don't do any jumping nor go down deep in squats etc. and no penalty if you totally substitute a move for another. I never did the knee "roll" in level 1 workout :# I did knee ups or any other warmup moves. Take care!!!
  • AliciaJade93
    AliciaJade93 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I didn't notice my knees hurting until level 2 day 2! They only hurt when I'm doing the workout though, not the rest of the day, just make sure you're warming up and cooling down/stretching the knee joints as best you can even if it means finding longer warm ups/cool downs that jillians! There's loads on YouTube, fitness blender and blogilates have some great warm ups and stretch videos :) xxx
  • hnyzthms
    hnyzthms Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Thanks I've always had trouble with knees
    If I kneel they are awful and when playing up going upstairs is painful. Just trying to do what i can but with the lunges and squats feel I'm missing out as can't do them at the moment x
  • AliciaJade93
    AliciaJade93 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    hnyzthms wrote: »
    Thanks I've always had trouble with knees
    If I kneel they are awful and when playing up going upstairs is painful. Just trying to do what i can but with the lunges and squats feel I'm missing out as can't do them at the moment x

Maybe subsitute them for another move?