I'm going to finish this time ! starting January 6th 2015

Options

Replies

• dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    Yeah, the pain in week 1 was real. After that, you start to feel better! I remember doing the fit test, and could not keep going after the 3rd exercise, due to near fainting and losing consciousness. It was scary - and incredibly difficult. I really adjusted my mind set and decided to pace myself when I completed the fit test after day 2.

Like dodiem, I was incredibly scared to do the first exercise after the fit test. In fact, for the entire first week I had anxiety going into every workout. Something about insanity, I think we psych our selves out. It helps to just relax, do what you can...try not to think about it too much lol.

I have 3 more exercises to do, then I am done month one! :D My results have been AMAZING, though I will admit, things have slowed down over the last week. The scale is not dropping as fast, but physically - I am doing a lot better, especially on that fit test!

I am having incredibly high hopes for month number 2 (regarding results). I am even debating about re-doing month one again after I complete the program, just so I can put in 110%. I imagine after month two, month one is going to be a piece of cake!

Went from 169lbs to 161lbs in 4 weeks. Lost a bunch of inches too, I will write the specifics down after I complete the month! :D Keep going! You will be invincible after your done the program!
  • msarcia2u
    Options
    Thanks for your motivating words Dakotababy!!! ... good job too!!
  • dodiem29
    dodiem29 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    msarcia2u - I too have gained 20lbs. I have been feeling so uncomfortable and sluggish and haven't exercised in months. I was scared jumping into such an insane workout. But already on day 5 I'm feeling so much better about myself. I follow Shaun T's instruction and keep form over speed. I pace myself and do what I can. I know I will get stronger and faster. Most of my pain has been in my calves, so bad I could barely walk. I've been doing more calf stretches and the pain is almost completely gone. It's all worth it, worth how much more energy I already have and the 5lbs I've already dropped. How out of shape I was when I started 5 days ago and I've continued on, I know you can do it too!!

Dakotababy - great results!! I hope I lose that much by the end of the 4th week! I started out at 169lbs as well. I'm hoping to hit 150 by the end of the 60 days *fingers crossed*. I was 164.4 this morning which is almost 5lbs loss in 1 week. I also measured today and I've lost .5 inches in all areas. I think it happened so quickly because I had just gained 8 in the last couple weeks.

• AlbionOakley
    AlbionOakley Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Month 1 done. Lost 5.7lb so far
  • dakotababy
    Options
    Wow! These are some awesome results already! :D I am taking my week off, and based on what I have read - month two is when most people see the majority of physical results! I am so excited to hear the results we all get from this program! Month One proved to be very promising!
  • dakotababy
    Options
    Anyone else still hanging in there from this thread?! I am starting my month 2 this morning once I get home from work (night shift)

It was nice to have the week off, but I am wondering how my results are going to turn out because of it. I managed to lose another 1.8lbs this week, which is awesome! I jacked up my calories too by an additional 200, and it seems to be working in my favor. Let me know how you all are doing!!
  • AlbionOakley
    Options
    Results after 3rd fit test:
    Switch kicks-40-53-60
    Power jacks-24-40-48
    Power knees-54-89-89
    Power jumps-11-32-40
    Globe jumps-4-8-11
    Suicide jumps -7-11-12
    Push up jacks-13-25-30
    Low plank obliques-30-35-45

6.3lb lost so far
  • dakotababy
    Options
    Right on! :D Finally another post!!

Okay, so my 3rd fit test results are as follows.
    Switch Kick - 50 - 60 -50
    Power Jacks - 30 - 39 - 45
    Power Knees - 59 - 90 - 90
    Power Jumps - 22 - 28 - 20
    Globe Jumps - 6 - 7- 9
    Suicide Jumps - 11 - 14 - 17
    Pushup Jacks - 3 - 12 - 25
    Low Obliques - 5 - 20 - 50

Okay...so I was really disappointed with those first 4 workouts. I started to get really upset with my results and figured that my week off contributed. Even though my numbers were lower/the same for the 1st four workouts, I realized that I recovered SO MUCH FASTER. The first time I did the fit test...I had to pause between the workouts and take like a 3-4 minute break. This time, I went with the 1 minute breaks.

I am so shocked and proud of those last two exercises...I could have even kept going! Same with the globe jumps...I felt like I just floated from one jump to the next.

Anyway - I am starting the first workout tomorrow morning. I am excited, but nervous about doing the extra long workouts while doing the night shifts, so my sleep schedule will be thrown off again. I am also kind of nervous for the next few days of DOMS. :D Very excited to get more results though!! I will give a results update in about 2 weeks.
  • AlbionOakley
    Options
    Shaun T just tried to kill me
  • dakotababy
    Options
    omg omg omg. I am doing that first workout in a few hours! haha Al, dont scare me out of it!
  • AlbionOakley
    Options
    It's not an easy ride! Sure you will be ok
  • dakotababy
    Options
    I did, and it was fine! I stuck at the same pace I had in month one, and then pushed when I could catch my breath again. It was a really awesome workout! I did not find it that hard, just long.
  • AlbionOakley
    Options
    Just did a workout called max interval plyometric circuit which apparently means "flailing about like a 200 year old arthritic epileptic tortoise whilst spitting sweat out of your mouth and swearing at the carpet". Whilst I was supposed to be doing a cool down stretch I instead stood trembling and hoping not to cry blood. 
  • priyac1987
    priyac1987 Posts: 115 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Hi guys!!! I finally found an insanity group! yay!! I started month 2 yesterday and my god did it kick my *kitten* so hard! Only annoying thing is that I havn't lost any weight yet which is a bit demotivating! Im averaging around 1500 cals per day, weekends i go up to about 1700ish?? My fit test results are improving but no change in weight :(

fit test results so far:
    Switch Kicks - 49 - 53 - 59
    Power Jacks - 44 - 53 - 56
    Power Knees - 68 - 86 - 100
    Power Jumps - 25 - 36 - 40
    Globe Jumps - 8 - 11 - 12
    Suicide Jumps - 11 - 13 - 14
    Push Up Jacks - 5 - 15 - 20
    Low Plank Obliques - 21 - 36 - 44
  • dakotababy
    Options
    ...I just wanted to come warn you all. That 1st monday in month 2 is a *kitten*. Be careful. STRETCH THE QUADS!

I forget which exercise I was doing...but I basically ALMOST broke into tears. Like, full blown "f - it" mode. I am marinating in my sweat right now, because mentally and physically, I can not do anything else but to write this.

It is hard, because it is like I am back at square one again. I think though, if I ever hit up month 1 again...it is going to be easy. I remember month one...and having a very similar "omg I am never going to be able to do this" thought going through my head. Just keep going, keep practicing..because like month one - you will only get better! (lol I feel like I am trying to convince myself right now)

Stretch your quads. They are going to be on fire very quickly. Priyac - I dont know your height and weight...but I am going to take a wild guess and say you may not be eating enough. There is a calculator on the beachbody website you can try to find (i will too later when I can function). Or perhaps double check your calories according to the calculations provided in the nutrition book with the program. Or punch your information into the "Scooby's TDEE Calculator" (google it). I found the numbers all to be around the same general estimate.

I am female, 159.8lbs and 5'7 eating 2000 calories a day, not a lot of other exercise outside of insanity at this time. 7lbs down and some inches everywhere. 1st time doing insanity. Make sure your protein intake is good too.
  • AlbionOakley
    Options
    Max cardio is like pure cardio, in that during the main workout there are no scheduled breaks. However it does ease off at points, my main problem was speed
  • priyac1987
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I cant get onto the calorie calc on the beachbody website :( think its because im in UK and im not registered.. i borrowed insanity from a friend! I have used the scooby doo calc to check calories a while ago but i never know what to put as my exercise level, because i pretty much sit on my butt the entire day, apart from walking to work and back (a total of around 40-45 mins). im currently eating around 140g protein?

My stats are 5'4 at 147lbs and im 27... its so frustrating because ive been at the same weight for around 2 months now, and it makes me nervous increasing my cals incase i gain! I weigh all my food out and eat the EXACT same meal every day apart from weekends, and im pretty much hitting my macros..Im really hoping month 2 brings some good results for me because I only want to lose another 15lbs really.
  • dakotababy
    Options
    How many calories are you eating on average per day right now? It is very likely your lack of any weight loss has something to do with your calories. Whether you are not eating enough, or eating too much or not 100% tracking with accuracy.
  • priyac1987
    Options
    I am eating 1500-1600 cals per day Monday to Friday - This is definitely accurate as I measure and weigh everything up and food prep on Sunday to make sure. Weekends I eat around 1700-1800 calories - this is do not track as much as I should...

According to the scooby doo calc, if i enter 3-5 hours of moderate work it gives me 1800 cals and if i enter 5-6 hours of strenuous exercise it gives me 2000 cals... which one do i listen to?!
  • dakotababy
    Options
    I would say if you are more active outside of your exercise (if your job is physically demanding, or you are often "on the go") go with the "strenuous exercise" calories. If the only physical activity you do is insanity and otherwise you are not that physically active, go with "moderate exercise" calories.

Why dont you try increasing your calories to 1800 calories every day for a week or two, and see if there is a loss. If there is, either stay at 1800 calories or go up to 1900 and max out at 2000 daily. If you see there is a gain in weight, go back down to 1700-1800.

How are you feeling during the day since doing insanity? Do you feel like your energy has increased over all or decreased? Sometimes this is a good indicator if your calories are too low.