day 2 of changing life style

Options
hi I am very new to all this eating healthy and exercise I am not a fan of breakfaxt if there is a healthy good easy smoothie/shake love to hear your ideas same with lunch and dinner I am looking for very easy and tasty I am a busy mom of 3 and picky hubby!!! thank you

Replies

• tuttboy
    tuttboy Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You might want to do a protein shake with a banana in the morning. Quick, easy, tastes good.
  • niskmom
    niskmom Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Shakes are ok, but they tend to leave me feeling hungry sooner than later. If you are going to do that-- make sure it's high protein. Protein and fat leave you feeling fuller longer.
  • mlboyer100
    mlboyer100 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely a smoothie person. I start with:

1/2 cup seltzer water, diet 7up, diet orange or flavored seltzer water in blender
    1/2 cup Low fat Kefir or cottage cheese or Greek yogurt
    1 scoop Whey Protein powder, vanilla or chocolate (mixed half with plant-based pea protein powder)
    1/2 frozen banana
    1/2 cup of fruit; usually frozen, strawberries, blueberries, peaches, pineapple, Apple, etc.
    1 handful (1/2 cup) baby spinach (or Broccoli Slaw) for a nutrient boost.
    Yes, it may make a vanilla smoothie a bit green but it really doesn't change the flavor.
    1/4-1/2 tsp Xanthum Gum (optional) to thicken or Ice cubes but they may dull the blades on blender
    1 tsp Chia/Flax seeds or cut open 1-2 frozen fish oil capsules

Depending on the fruit and milk product used, it comes in about 280-330 cals with about 30+g protein. I always start my day off with a protein punch. I've read it jump starts the Ol' metabolism for the rest of the day. This is filling for me and lasts about 4 hours before getting hungry again.

If I have a lunch smoothie it's similar; 1/2 frozen banana, cottage cheese or yogurt but more veggies (whatever's in the freezer she) less fruit. This one is usually much greener ;-)