jen

Options
weejen73
weejen73 Posts: 68 Member
Hi i'm new to the group looking for healthy dinner recipes that all the family can eat, i can only eat so much chicken n caesar salad in one week..

Replies

• tuttboy
    tuttboy Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Green veggies, sweet potatoes, white potatoes. Look up starchy carbs and carb cycling. Darin Steen has great videos on YouTube. You have to eat starchy carbs at the right time though. You can do this!!!
  • weejen73
    Options
  • niskmom
    niskmom Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I throw chicken breasts in the crockpot, then shred in my mixer with the hook like paddle. I place the chicken in the container and use for recipes all week. I[ make white chicken chili, simple salads, chicken and cheese fajitas, with assorted chopped veggies. My other go to- frozen fish. We eat a lot of fish tacos. Everyone loves them and they can add their own toppings. I also will make baked potatoes and serve with a few veggie sides and a bit of cheese.
  • weejen73
    Options
    Thanx niskmom :D
  • missjenni1988
    Options
    try lamb or bison they are fantastic and lean
    Sweet potatoes
    -leave skins on, chop in to smaller pieces, sprinkle with curry powder and pepper and bake for about 20 minutes
    Eggplant is also very versatile
    - Roast it with a little bit of olive oil, garlic and basil
    - Use is instead of noodles for lasagna
    - make it into a dip (like hummus)
    Quinoa can be used for breakfast or lunch, it takes on the flavor of what you cook it in.
  • weejen73
    Options
    What do you cook ur quinoa in i made it with water and didnt like it!
    Not a lamb fan , but thanks i will tryvthe eggplant idea :)