Motivation, Support and Accountability Thread, February 9th - 15th

Options
Italian_Buju
Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
Well, this week is going to look a lot like last week in terms of goals, lol

My daughter comes home for reading week either Wednesday or Thursday so I have to try and not let her stress me out too much.

My son turns 17 on Friday....I can't believe it.

My goals for this week again are:

1. Proper morning hydration
2. Post to this thread everyday
3. Log my food six days this week (But still be mindful of what I eat on my day off)
4. Get to the YMCA three times
5. Make my 10 thousand steps every day
6. To blog once this week (on another site)
7. Go to bed by 10pm four nights this week

Here's to making this week better than last (*)

What are your goals??

Weekly Mini Goal

List here three ways your life has changed in the last year (for better, or worse).

Replies

• astro_katie
    Options
    Hello people!!

Okay my goals for this week are:
    1. To attend 3 water physio sessions this week
    2. To create an Instagram account to record my progress in photos
    3. To begin measuring my waist, hips, thighs and arms
    4. To drink 1 green tea a day!

I tried green tea once and they made it waaayyyy toooooo strong and I gagged and spat my drink out. Hahahaha poor soul got drenched!
    Anyway it'll be weak until I build up a taste for it.

Mini challenge!!
    1. I broke my leg which has seen me take a lot of time off work and pile on weight since I could not move very much.
    2. I had to cancel my trip to Japan, of which I was secretly glad as I feared I couldn't fit into the planes seats or keep up with my tour group. Super disappointed I couldn't go but glad at the same time. Piled on more weight due to self doubt.
    3. I have got to spend more time with my dad due to the break and it's been great. We watch movies together, he enjoys cooking for more than 1 person (I love his food), I can help him with his depression and we both enjoy just being able to chill in a room with no communication required.
    4. (I know it's meant to be 3- just another small one) being back in my home town has allowed me to catch up with all my old friends and school mates a lot more. It's been great to see the changes in them.

So, super excited for this week.
    We can do this people!!
    Yeah!!
    ⭐️
  • matfatcowboy
    matfatcowboy Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Goals for this week,
    1. Run at least 3 x this week. (5k in 2 weeks, AHH!)
    2. Lift weights / or body weight excersize 3 x
    3. Log food 6 days
    4. Post on the thread for 7 days
    5. Drink enough (60 oz) of water 2x this week.
    6. Log my strength excersize (how much of what)
    7. Meditate every day for 20 min (can be 2 10 min sets). Check to see if this helps manage stress levels at work.

I need to focus on all three phases of my week, eating, cardiovascular and strength for me to be successful this week. It's tough but achievable.
    I'll post the mini goal tomorrow .
  • Skittles2183
    Skittles2183 Posts: 1,620 Member
    Options
    guys I am doing really great with the exercise part, but not so much with my food part so my goals are

1.log everything
    2. not have starch foods 3 days this week. such as potatoes, fries, rice,pasta,bread ext
    3. add more lifting weights into my exercise
    4. drink more water.
    5. add more fruit in

Weekly Mini Goal
    1. I love to exercise, I would of never said that over a year ago
    2. I started out at 370lbs I was so close to 400, I am now closer to 300 by just 14 lbs
    3. one bad thing is I am buying more shoes because I work out so much lol
  • KimWW
    KimWW Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Goals-
    1. Post here every day. (I haven't been making use of the forums as well as I could.)
    2. 30 minute (or more) walk every day.
    3. One day this week I want to get to 10k steps. I have done it before, it is very rare, though.
    4. Log everything. It'll help if I make food choices I can be proud of. I drop off the logging when I am ashamed.
    5. Meditation. I have been feeling a need for peace and quiet recently. So, just get away from my desk and take some time to breathe.

Over the past year-
    1. I have gotten serious about changing how I live. It isn't the first time, but it is the longest and it feels different this time.
    2. My husband changed jobs and we moved to a new state and a MUCH larger city than we are used to. That adjustment has been nice. Now, I need to meet people.
    3. Homeschooling my daughters has shifted from "General" to "College Prep" as they have moved into high school.
  • matfatcowboy
    Options
    mini goal time!
    1. In the past year I started running, and I think that's a good thing. I hated the thought of running, the very concept of running was beyond repugnant. I said on multiple occasions that I hated running with the intensity of a dying sun. and that was understating it. now I've done 2 5 k's and have signed up for 3 more. I find that I enjoy the time I run, it feels almost meditative because I can just pop in headphones and block out the world (something very rare if you have raging ADD issues like I do!).
    2. I lost 30LBs! went from a high of 352 down to a low of 318. unfortunately I haven't' broken below that, but i'll get there.
    3. my wife is working the night shift so I find that my sleep habits are all over the board now. to see her I either wake up at 1 AM and go hang out with her on her lunch break (which means eating) or go have a breakfast (dinner for her) at 5 AM and we go to this Mexican food place here in town that is great but sooooo not good for you. it makes my journey more challenging for sure.
  • FloraJL
    FloraJL Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    This week I want to:
    1. Get to the gym four times
    2. Log my recipe BEFORE I start eating so I don't find out that one serving is 1200 calories like I did last week!
    3. Do a better job pre-prepping recipe elements so I can balance dinner and working out more evenly.

Weekly Mini Goal
    "List here three ways your life has changed in the last year (for better, or worse)."
    1. I've finally reached a point where I feel like I'm almost the person I was before I got involved in an abusive relationship nine years ago.
    2. Made several solid friendships through Meetup, especially the Geek Club.
    3. I don't put up with toxic people anymore.
  • zilannoj
    zilannoj Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    My only goal for the week is to be kind to myself. I feel like I'm doing too many things at once and if I feel overwhelmed, I need to do focus on one thing at a time.

Three ways my life has changed in the last year:
    1. I've gone from barely walking to walking 5-10 miles a day.
    2. My cooking skills have improved tremendously. I'm two months into my home cooking challenge, and I'm learning 1-2 new recipes a week. It's fun, and I'm glad my boyfriend enjoys it too.
    3. I don't let the scale own me anymore. Once I weigh-in for the month, it's put away for the whole month. It's making my goal of health not just about the number but about me as a whole. If I'm putting in the work, the results will show.
  • KimWW
    Options
    Thank you, Italianbuju, and all of you, for this thread. I was feeling pretty sluggish and blah after lunch and NOT wanting to go for my walk. But, I had put walking as my weekly goal and that was a big push to getting off my seat.

The gorgeous weather didn't hurt, either.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    Today went very well for me...however, I do need to go to bed....like an hour or two ago....

Mini Goal

1. I have a kitty :# This is the first cat I have had in almost two decades.....I had to put my last cat down because she was old and was actively trying to kill my son....I literally never got over it...I was asked to watch a kitten that was abandoned outside over night and she stole my heart. Even though I never ever thought I would have a cat again, I am so glad I have her. However, at this point I would have to sell her for $3000 to break even, she has killed me $$$ wise.

2. I went from having a daughter that literally never left the house and a son was fairly busy for his age, to having my daughter away at school and my son is almost 17 now and is rarely home except at night. I find I am alone more than ever since I have had kids. It took me a month or two to get used to (I used to go out every night when they both first started working), but now I am used to having a lot more 'me' time. I am also less stressed than I can remember in a long time. I still get very stressed when I do, but I am stressed less often.

Ok, I have to write a third tomorrow because this was really hard for me and I have been sitting here forever staring at the screen lol

BTW Kim, totally jealous, I am BURIED in several feet of snow over here with no end in sight!!
  • astro_katie
    astro_katie Posts: 62
    edited February 2015
    Options
    A lot of us have some really personal battles we have won in the last year. I'm really glad that I feel like I can share myself amoungst such open people as well and get/give support. So thanks for being you!

I had a tough day, for me. I had a win in the morning by being able to cut 9 laps around my dad backyard in show of support for another of us who was not feeling like she could exercise, she then went and did half an hour. It was great progress. Later this afternoon though, I felt the dreaded ache set into my healing leg and ankle. It's now become so sore that I can't flex it anymore. Bugger....
  • astro_katie
    Options
    I have physio tomorrow so we will see how that goes. I also struggled a bit with food today as I hadn't planned it out like I usually do. Nearly ate a whole bag of choc chip biscuits but manage to avoid that bombshell with 2 small potatoes...mmmm
    Have made sure to plan for tomorrow so it doesn't happen again, I'm also going to plan for some chocolate so that I don't suddenly get the crazy cravings.
  • astro_katie
    Options
    Hope everyone is well
  • Skittles2183
    Options
    well today is a busy day for me, but I'm going to get my boxing class in and try a zumba class at the YMCA, I haven't done any there yet so its right after boxing. I also want to try and get in 3 miles of walking in today, but that is up in the air.
  • matfatcowboy
    Options
    Doing good today so far, worked out and ran yesterday which was a first for me as usually after I run I'm too exhausted to do anything.doing good food wise last night and this morning, I actually stopped eating around 9 o'clock last night which is also unusual for me. I need to make both things more usual :). time to build on the successes of yesterday.
  • ShannonTourne
    ShannonTourne Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Goal for this week:

To move more. I have a sedentary job, but I am really tired when I get home. My goal is to exercise 30 minutes every day, and then work my way up from there.

• FloraJL
    FloraJL Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    After my dental cleaning turned into a temporary crown at $450 out of pocket, the last thing I wanted to do was leave my La-Z-Boy and go to aqua fit class. But I did. Small victories.

Tonight is the 1st Try It Tuesday for the 90 Day Challenge. It's called "Why Can't I Lose Weight?" and although I'm sure they'll be answering that question, I'm pretty sure it's just a sales pitch to join their $150 weight loss program. But I'm going anyway!
  • Skittles2183
    Options
    cowboy wtg on the NSV of not eating after 9 thats great

shannon you can do it, and my friend has a sedentary job as well so she does little goal such as every time she has to use the bathroom she will do 10-15 squats before she goes, also she will do arm raises or leg raises while sitting

Flora wtg on getting your class in, I had to get 3 crowns last year ( different times) and I didn't want to leave the house after. you that was amazing you went.

today I went to boxing as well as zumba right after, i didn't get the walking in because I had to be some where but tonight I may try and go for a walk. also today is going to be one of my days with no starchy items and I also upped my water.
  • KimWW
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I decided to try taking shorter walks more often today. When I finish here I will go for my 4th 10-minute walk, whereas I usually do a 30-minute walk every day (sometimes more.) I feel really good. Those 30 minute walks tend to end badly, wheezing and shin-splinty, etc. The legs have been hurting, but only near the end of the 10-minute walks, unlike the 30-minute walks where they start to hurt 6 minutes in and I still have forever to enjoy the pain.

I don't know if I will try this every day, but it is a nice change-up.

Too bad I cannot add together 2 smaller runs (about 1/2 mile) and count that as my mile time. When I do a mile I seriously have to slow down for the second half.
  • KimWW
    Options
    *pant *wheeze *pant
    I may take longer than an hour before going for Walk 5.
    On the brighter side, my times have improved each walk.
  • zilannoj
    zilannoj Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    This week is going really, really well. I treated myself and made some beignets on Sunday and had leftovers last night. They were incredible. My co-workers have asked me to make them some. Too bad I don't really have a way to make them fresh, because that's when they're best!

I weigh-in on the 18th, and I'm worried I haven't lost anything. I feel really good about everything I'm doing. I'm staying within my calories, working out daily and if that doesn't show on the scale, then I'll have to reevaluate and change a few things. At this point, I'm happy with any kind of loss whenever I weigh-in. I'm very close to losing all the weight I gained (all 56 beautiful pounds), and I guess there's that mental block of "well, once you reach that weight, the same thing will happen anyway." And I really shouldn't beat myself up for that happening. I should learn from it and move on, not dwell on it.

There is so much emotion that comes from losing weight. I feel like I'm exposing myself, and it's scary sometimes. But once I take the time to dissect those feelings, I understand that it's okay to be scared. What I'm doing is scary but not progressing into a better person is scarier, and I would rather go this route than any other.