I am grateful (or happy) for...

Options
GrannyMayOz
GrannyMayOz Posts: 1,045 Member
I have a little notebook called my 'Happy Book' and I had my young granddaughters start one each as well. Each evening we write the happiest part of our day in our books. If it was a miserable day it's really good to look for a positive and dwell on that before you go to bed, even if you can only manage 'I had food to eat', 'I had a roof over my head' or 'a stranger gave me a beautiful smile'. Sometimes it's challenging to word things in a positive way, but I reckon that's a good muscle to exercise ;)

Maybe everyone would like to add to this thread whenever they feel like it and have something happy to share? I'll start...

I'm so happy to have found LCHF, MFP and this wonderful group where it's safe to share openly and without judgement. I love the way everyone here accepts that we all have our own groove!

Replies

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    I'm grateful for friends here who understand and celebrate my insanity with me.

I'm also grateful for being able to maintain hope in impossible situations, due primarily to my unconventional faith.
  • Jdkbs
    Jdkbs Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Wow, I've been doing this for years with my son. These have been years of great positive change and my son is the happiest luckiest guy.
    I am grateful for MFP and LC forum as well. I've only started consistently posting a few days back and the feedback is helpful and encouraging. One of my biggest happinesses in life is good company which I feel I have found here.
    Have an awesome day!
  • melyndavaz
    melyndavaz Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I am happy for my husband and girls, always. My happiness in myself is that I've found a way of life that makes me feel like I'm living and accomplishing for ME.
  • lizpitts
    lizpitts Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I'm happy for cheesecake for breakfast. Had some dental stuff done yesterday so chewing is out of the question for a couple of days. The cheesecake was easy to eat and delish.
  • tru2one
    tru2one Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Happy and grateful for good dental and medical insurance. Mammogram yesterday and new crown/filling replacements today. I could b*tch about what a drag those appointments are, but I choose to be grateful that I have the insurance available to help me take care of myself. :-)
  • fancyroberts
    fancyroberts Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I am grateful for great health, without that there isn't anything :wink:
  • fatchimom
    fatchimom Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I am grateful for and happy for all of you-my new friends on MFP!!
  • LowCarbHeart
    LowCarbHeart Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Today I am grateful for reconnecting with an old friend and my fireplace!
  • sweetteadrinker2
    sweetteadrinker2 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I am grateful for my boyfriend, who loves me unconditionally and to the best of his ability, for my mom who supports me in everything I do, and most of all for the results of the extensive testing which came in today, I will not pass my medical conditions on to my children, none are genetic. :D
  • sbom1
    sbom1 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Great idea! I will be starting one with my granddaughter when I visit her next week!! I am happy for my health and that my family is healthy.
  • Faith1903
    Options
    Love your idea! I will be starting one with my daughter. I am happy my daughter passed her test to get her driver's permit. As much as I would like to keep her a little girl, I am proud of her for studying on her own and passing.
  • oyadancing
    oyadancing Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    What a lovely idea; thanks for starting it.

I'm forever grateful for my mama who is 79, healthy, gracious, generous, and thoughtful. She continues to be a great role model to me; like I said on my profile, I want to be just like her when I grow up.
  • DittoDan
    DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    I'm grateful God has given me the wisdom & wherewithal to find the LCHF diet & MFP. I was on a path to get bariatrics.

Dan the Man from Michigan
  • GrannyMayOz
    Options
    Today my happiness and gratitude is 14 times greater because I've read the 14 posts 'above me' here. You all rock!

I am grateful, on my 20th day of LCHF, to find that my balance has improved! When I stand on my bathroom scale I am usually conscious that I rock/waver. These past 2 or 3 days I've stood rock solid. And today I tripped on a footpath (sidewalk) and recovered my footing after a couple of quick steps. Normally I'd have ended flat on the floor - done that so often before! What a *very* unexpected outcome from LCHF!!!

My life-time-long chapped, peeling, dry lips are now moist and supple. Lip gloss is an optional now, and my weight is coming back down again after an initial drop, then rise.

Everything is awesome :smiley:
  • Sajyana
    Sajyana Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    My back has been sore and I haven't been able to do much. It was getting me a down a bit when out of the blue I got a call from a old friend from my home town. It cheered me up and today has been a brighter day because of it. I am grateful for friends who will listen to me whinge and then cheer me up. :smiley:
  • Jdkbs
    Jdkbs Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I grateful for these positive posts. Three delicious healthy lc recipes I cooked yesterday and my family enjoyed too.
  • Sugarbeat
    Sugarbeat Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I'm grateful for LCHF diet and that I have a husband who tries very hard to help and support me with my diabetes. I'm grateful to have health insurance, a team of medical professionals within a few miles of my home, and the new Planet Fitness that just opened near my home. I know a lot of folks on MFP hate PF but this one is great - I not only enjoy going I look forward to going back. My husband and I have both joined and foresee it being a lasting thing.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Today, I am grateful that in a few minutes my fiance begins work at his new job, which has been an utter godsend in our current financial struggles. I'm trying not to get too excited, but this has some great potential!
  • sbom1
    sbom1 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Grateful today for all the kind support when I shared my frustrations about stall.
  • GrannyMayOz
    Options
    I'm grateful today for a very cute recipe that makes 4 *tiny* peanut butter biscuits (cookies) that I can take with me on Saturday to an event that always serves normal sugar- and grain-filled biscuits or cakes. I will be able to eat healthily and within plan while the others are indulging in their vice.

I don't usually like to use the microwave, but this is the first 'treat' I've had in 20 days so I'll ignore it this once ;)

The recipe says to make one huge, or 2 smaller biscuits, but I chose to make 4 teensy ones...
    http://uplateanyway.com/keto/minute-peanut-butter-cookie-low-carb/