Setting Phasers to "Keto" (Adjusting MFP Goals)

Options
Under the "My Home" tab, click on "Goals."

Use the custom option rather than the 'guided' one. Change the percentages to 60% fat, 35% protein, 5% carbohydrates.

Now, on Keto, you don't want to limit your carbs-from-fiber. So if a food item has 10 units of carbs, but 9 of fiber, then only 1 carb should count towards your daily limit. I use this plugin: http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/124645

With the plug-in installed, and if you've set your fitnesspal to track carbs and fiber, you'll have another column displaying "net carbs" (the ones you want to limit). You can then disregard the "Carbs" column and focus only on tracking the Net-carbs one when it comes to limiting carb intake.

Replies

• Keto_Keith
    Options
    Nice post, most of the r/keto crew are probably aware, maybe we can merge communites... www.reddit.com/keto
  • itsedjusted
    Options
    Thanks for the plugin. I needed that. I'm getting this to work great with firefox. But, not at all with chrome on my mac.

After some googling I was able to add it following these steps:

1 Download the user script.
    2 Open chrome://chrome/extensions/
    3 Drag and drop the user script file on the page you opened in step 2.

thanks for the script.
  • Skyllus
    Options
    Thanks, this was bugging me that I had to keep track of Fiber Carbs vs regular Carbs.
  • caseyjmc
    caseyjmc Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I use a Mac, and Chrome is really glitchy and slow. The plug-in for MFP net carbs doesn't work. Any other way around this? Thanks.
  • groovyaxe
    groovyaxe Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Firefox on Mac works quite well for me.
  • arobertlockyer
    arobertlockyer Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    plugin not working anymore???
  • deansdad101
    deansdad101 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    plugin not working anymore???
    Aro;

The "plugin" still works, it's the link to the script that doesn't if you are having problems. (I'm guessing)

It's been a long time since last I checked but it's happened more than a couple times that the link goes down or gets changed to another site.

The original post in this thread is over two years old (a "lifetime" on the interwebs) and demonstrates why resurrecting old threads is a problem.

Dig around and you'll find it.

• chris_bair
    chris_bair Posts: 2
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I got tired of hunting for the info so I mirrored it to my blog: https://www.thebairs.net/2014/11/adapting-myfitnesspal-for-keto-diets/ includes github link to the latest version of the script
  • namedforthemoon
    namedforthemoon Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I found it by googling "myfitnesspal keto script".
  • BritDillinger
    Options
    Thank you so very much!
  • margaretclaypool
    margaretclaypool Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    In addition to the net carbs script most of us use, there's another script that lets us set much more precise macros; I highly recommend both!
  • dawlfin318
    dawlfin318 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    That script is being flagged by my computer as "dangerous". Kinda chicken to download it.
  • ABrownGrl
    ABrownGrl Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    @dawlfin318‌ My laptop has been acting a little strange since I downloaded the script to see my net carbs. It's an older MacBook so I just figured it was because it's old. Damn...I wish MPF would get with the program and add net carbs so we don't have to go thru all this trouble. Plus, it would be great to see on our tablets/phones....
  • sdefranc
    sdefranc Posts: 30 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    The problem is that some food items (especially from outside the U.S. ) have net carbs already deducted. So the problem is more complex than first appears.

It's a shame there's not a checkbox whereby food database items can be flagged as being in Net a Carbs to start with. Otherwise it's a case of Garbage in/Garbage out. Granted, it would be a huge job to go back and retrospectively update the millions of items, but at least for new entries it would be a bonus. Gotta start somewhere, until this is resolved the database will always be less than optimally useful.