Get my butt to the gym!

Options
abbyjane81
abbyjane81 Posts: 51 Member
I'm paying for a membership- and they just started an on site daycare. I have no excuses!
Its been a lot if adjustment, leaving work to stay home with the new baby sbd my 4 year old. I feel like I got more sons when I worked all day. It's so hard getting out if the house, espdciAlly when I feel like I'm nursing STEADY.
Next week- I will get to the gym!
I need to get moving- i barely sleep because of the baby, but I know working out will help my energy. Even the 30 minute break from my kiddos would be good for me- and them!
So why can't I get there?! Lol

Replies

• betsysjl
    betsysjl Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I totally understand. I keep using the excuse that it is too cold out. I went twice last week (for the first time in months), but really need to be there every day.
    Good luck! You can do it.
  • natalie8313
    natalie8313 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Attitude is everything. I've definitely found that there are days I have to talk myself into going. I even attempted the hotel gym while out of town. Even if you go when you don't want to you'll be happy you did by the time you're done. Eventually it will become second nature and you will be asking yourself how you ever didn't want to go. Push it girl! You can do it!
  • bronzeambition
    bronzeambition Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I agree with Natalie :) There are days when I don't feel like working out, but I do it anyway because it's a habit and not doing it isn't an option anymore. Just start with a couple times a week and you'll get to the point where it's a habit :)
  • abbyjane81
    abbyjane81 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Well I did it!
    I forget how good I feel working out. I remember that feeling of 'having to go workout' can't wait to get back in the swing of things!
    As a bonus/motivator my 4 year old has a blast at the daycare there!
  • RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    @abbyjane81 - Way to GO!! You deserve that time alone even if it's only 30 minutes. It will make you a better mom because you will be happier and have more energy!
  • Rachelerik
    Rachelerik Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    @abbyjane81‌ - Yeah! So glad your 4 yr old had a great time... that must be a big relief! Glad you enjoyed your workout, too. :-)
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    Taking time for yourself is an excellent plan.

Sometimes I tell myself that I just have to get to the gym. I don't focus on everything I need to do there. By the time I've motivated myself to show up, I might as well stay and get a lot done.

Not sure if that makes sense, but that works for me when I've had motivational challenges.

Go go GO!