Another Newbie

cocodrops
cocodrops Posts: 14 Member
Actually, I am not a newbie to MFP. I've messed around with di many different diet plans over the years from high protein, low carb, WW, Slimming Workd, VLCD, calorie counting...and I've given up on all of them after a week or 2. Finally, I was browsing the web and found the Moogie Fastday website. I then joined the the 6 week introductory programme to 5:2 fasting.
Thank the Lord I found Moogie. I'm in my 4th week of 5:2 and I love it. I am being educated in understanding my body and what real hunger is. I'm also understanding that I have an addiction to sugar and that is my real challenge.
Weight loss has been steady. I'm 9lbs down but that may fluctuate as I weighed after a fast day. But the point is it is a downward trend and I can cope with it.
I find that MFP doesn't allow me to complete fast day entry. Is that MFP not allowing fast days?

Replies

• sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,809 Member
    cocodrops wrote: »
    I find that MFP doesn't allow me to complete fast day entry. Is that MFP not allowing fast days?

Yep - nanny state doesn't cater for 5:2 fast days.

You can chest the system by doing a quick add of 1000 calories, completing your diary and then deleting the 1000 cals again.

I do like being a little subversive! :smiley:
  • JJA14
    JJA14 Posts: 82 Member
    Hi coco.
    I've just read your profile and I was exactly the same - started 'dieting' just before getting married (15 years ago) when I thought I needed to lose a stone...I was 10st10lbs then. That is now my target weight.
    - don't you think we need to be able to go back and give our younger selves a damn good talking to??
  • jknight001
    jknight001 Posts: 745 Member

It has been awhile since I have done it but I thought you could complete a 500 cal day, it's just that MFP lectures you on eating enough calories.

Welcome to the group. Glad 5:2 Fasting is working so well for you.
  • cocodrops
    cocodrops Posts: 14 Member
    sijomial wrote: »

Yep - nanny state doesn't cater for 5:2 fast days.

You can chest the system by doing a quick add of 1000 calories, completing your diary and then deleting the 1000 cals again.

I do like being a little subversive! :smiley:

Yep, might nick
    that idea of you. I'm a bit if a renegade as well.