Brand new here

Options
Hello, I am 346 lbs (There I finally admitted it), and hoping to gain some support. It didn't officially click on how big I am until I saw pictures from my work's Ugly Sweater Party. I am so ashamed. I have nobody to blame but myself for this weight, but I am optimistic about getting smaller and healthier.
I am in a really good relationship; but I don't think my partner takes me too serious when I ask him not to buy cakes, and cookies, and chips and soda, in fact, just yesterday he bought a 3 cases of soda in because they were on sale. *SIGH*

I don't really have anywhere else to turn. Thanks for reading.

Replies

• FloraJL
    FloraJL Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group Adore! We're here to listen to you vent, answer your questions, and give you whatever support you need. :)
  • zilannoj
    zilannoj Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This is a wonderful group, and we're happy to help you in any way we can.

I empathize with feeling ashamed. I started at 350 and felt so overwhelmed. I was so angry with myself and then angry at others for not taking me seriously. You can absolutely do this.
  • WVMountainMamma
    WVMountainMamma Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! Feel free to add me! You can do it!
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • astro_katie
    Options
    Welcome there!! This group is very active and we all offer support to each other over many topics and situations. Feel free to add me!
  • Miss_Mania
    Miss_Mania Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group!!! Everyone here is a bunch of lovely people!!
  • CMarie2232
    CMarie2232 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm new as well and I know EXACTLY how you feel. Congrats and big ups for deciding to make a change!!!
  • dinobomp
    dinobomp Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Hi, and welcome! Please add me as a friend (dinobomp) and congrats for joining us and MFP. It's a great place with supportive friends.
  • Fizz7581
    Fizz7581 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am 33 years old and at my heaviest that i have ever been (started at 341lbs) I lost 4lbs my first week and i am nearing the end of my 2nd week. It's depressing how big i have gotten! i was never even chubby growing up and through college, so i still see myself as "slimmer" lol the opposite i think of most ppl, which may have contributed to getting this big! In order to kick start a life-style change i am currently doing a shake (made with light almond milk instead of skim) or meal bar for breakfast and lunch, snacking on nuts, veggies and hummus and eating a regular meal for supper. I also keep mini york peppermint patties and Dove dark chocolate promises in my desk at work to quash a sweet craving much better than i did before. I just want everyday things to be as easy as they used to. I think that's one of the worst parts of being this heavy. I tend to wear slip on shoes because it's tough to tie regular ones and other things that make me so embarrassed. Hope to make some new connections / friends who also are starting at 300+ pounds to lose. Please don't hesitate to add me :) I live in the cold north of North Dakota.
  • cincysweetheart
    cincysweetheart Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I started at 381 myself. Currently 239. The good thing is you recognize you can't blame anyone else. The choice is yours! It always has been and it always will be. Because you recognize this…you can totally resist the soda and cakes and cookies that your significant other brings home. Once you make the decision… only you can throw you off track! You've got this!

Good luck. Feel free to add me if I can be of help.
  • HLaR79
    HLaR79 Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Emmcue: I know how that feels, the whole how did it get this way! And cold North Dakota I get ya I am your northern neighbour just up in Manitoba!
  • Ceratopsy
    Ceratopsy Posts: 2,100 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I like having more people on my friends list who "get it". I also started at 340, I'm at 300 currently.