100+ lbs to lose and on C25K

Options
martina1411
martina1411 Posts: 12 Member
Just done week one, day two of the c25k and I managed it all! I actually cheered when I finished the last run, much to the bemusement of the dog walkers. My little doggy is muddy and knackered. I didn't realise how busy our park is at 6am.

Please friend me if you are on the same journey

Replies

• drdwngfan
    drdwngfan Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Great job. I am on Week 7, day 2. You will get there. Keep it up !!!
  • Mapanggulo
    Mapanggulo Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Awesome Job!! I just finished Day 2, week one myself!! You doing c25K with your doggy?
  • martina1411
    martina1411 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    The doggy is only accompanying me on the park runs :)
  • Mapanggulo
    Mapanggulo Posts: 185 Member
    Options

Mine tags along all the time I let her. She loves the park.
  • hbarber85
    hbarber85 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 5, session 3 (the dreaded 20 minute run). I may repeat session 2 beforehand. My dog is completing her own C25K program, alongside of me every session. She's on a weightloss journey, too! I figured it was the perfect way to work her way up for endurance. I fully intend on giving her a completion medal/certificate/treat. I'm not crazy, I swear. You can do this! Sending you a friend request! I'm always open to more friends! :)
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    There is a dog friendly C25K plan, that's aimed at getting them up to that distance.

They have similar needs to us; time for their joints and muscles to adapt to the training load. They're also more vulnerable to issue with their pads, although that's less of an issue in the park.
  • hbarber85
    hbarber85 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Mapanggulo wrote: »

Mine tags along all the time I let her. She loves the park.

Just stalked your profile... thank you for your service! :) Time to research the VA Move program for my dad!
  • Robbnva
    Robbnva Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Just done week one, day two of the c25k and I managed it all! I actually cheered when I finished the last run, much to the bemusement of the dog walkers. My little doggy is muddy and knackered. I didn't realise how busy our park is at 6am.

Please friend me if you are on the same journey

Keep up the good work, I started using c25k and am now down 90lbs
  • ShawnaDrew
    ShawnaDrew Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I am on week 1 day 3 today and have 100lbs to lose!
  • sapphire24d
    sapphire24d Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am starting today and have a little over 100 pounds to lose. I am hoping this will be a great jump start to my weight loss journey.
  • KrisPage
    KrisPage Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Well I have chickened out in week 5 a couple times and stopped, but recently started again. On week 3 this week. But gladly looking for support from others with similar journey I need to loose at least 100 lbs too.
  • Robbnva
    Robbnva Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    KrisPage wrote: »
    Well I have chickened out in week 5 a couple times and stopped, but recently started again. On week 3 this week. But gladly looking for support from others with similar journey I need to loose at least 100 lbs too.

What was week 5? Can't remember now. Just stick with it though, when you finally complete your first full 5K, you will be so glad you did. Even if you have to do a week a couple of times like I did, you will get though it.
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    KrisPage wrote: »

You can do Week 5. Don't chicken out this time; we're here to help you through. You'll be ready. Believe in yourself.