Plastic Surgery after Bariatric Surgery Seminar

Options
dcc56
dcc56 Posts: 172 Member
I attended an interesting seminar last night about PS after VGS and other bariatric surgeries.
A brief summary: They won't operate until you are at least 18 months out, have a BMI of 30 or less. Prefer you to be at your goal weight and staying there for quite awhile. Very specific requirements if you think insurance is going to pay for this. (I will detail that later in another post) Various procedures available ranging in cost from $4,000 USD to $7,000 USD and up. Won't do more than two areas at the same time. Some people have scar healing problems and the length of the incisions can be very long. Some incisions at the belt line so they can be hidden. Others on the arms for example don't go away that easily and are visible. Body contouring is a better description of the process. The before and after pictures were very dramatic and perhaps set high expectations. Some have a long recovery time...two weeks off work, lifting restrictions for a while afterwards. I'm not considering the procedure, I am wanting to exercise and lift to see what muscle tone I can develop and what kind of body contouring I can do without another surgery. What you see on TV weight loss shows is of course not typical.

Replies