switching from fitbit to vivofit, quick question

Options
Hey guys,

Switching from a fitbit zip to vivofit as I was having issues with my zip and got the vivo as a christmas present. I have synced Garmin connect to mfp, and have synced my vivo to the garmin connect phone app. Does this mean that, like with fitbit, my calories will autmotically adjust in MFP throughout the day as my vivo syncs with the app? Or do I need to take more steps to insure that that happens?

Thanks and happy holidays!

Replies

• squirrelzzrule22
    squirrelzzrule22 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    also, whenever anyone gets the chance to read this, my vivo is counting WAY more steps than I am taking....like no way it can be correct. Anyone else have this issue? Its sort of a bummer that there are no instructions....I know everything is on the web these days but still...
  • 20yearsyounger
    20yearsyounger Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    The sync hasn't been working for a few days and I only recently got mine last week so I never got to see calories from steps come over. The activities did until recently. The last update as of yesterday was that Garmin was working on it.

With regard to over counting the steps, I haven't really noticed that issue. Is this for general walking or some other exercise you are doing?
  • squirrelzzrule22
    Options
    Thank you! Glad to know its not just an issue on my end.

Just generally walking around. I'm about to go for a run and I am going to see how accurate the distance is.

Thanks!
  • 20yearsyounger
    20yearsyounger Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Distance may be a little different. There are settings that may need to be adjusted for running/walking. For instance, I walked .5 mile and then calibrated my settings for how much I walked so that distance measured would be better. You can find that under Device Settings->User Settings
  • squirrelzzrule22
    Options
    oohhhh okay interesting I see that now. I will have to see if it seems off after a few runs and then try that out. thanks!
  • HelenWater
    HelenWater Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I didn't know you could calibrate. That's great.
  • Luv2Munch
    Luv2Munch Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi yes it will sync with fitness pal same as the fitbit. You might also want to check out a free app at the google play store called Icardio. this app will sync any activity you do with myfitness pal so that you don't have to manually enter your exercise into mfp
  • phoebeleb
    phoebeleb Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info! I also am new to Vivofit, just got the syncing able to work, etc.
  • meltaylor9480
    meltaylor9480 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I just switched from a fitbit one to vivosmart. Agree it does count a few more steps as I've been wearing both. But I think all wrist worn trackers do that as know people who use fitbit flex who switched over form a fitbit one and they said the same. I was going to get fitbot charge hr but saw too many reports on forums about overcounting, even compared to the flex!
  • phoebeleb
    phoebeleb Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I am new to vivofit and noticed my step count was much higher each day than my fitbit (which I have worn over 2 yrs) so I also have been wearing both this past few days to test it out. I always did think that my fitbit count was a little low - I have put in my custom info now into the vivofit settings and I am just going to go with it now and not worry about it since I am on my feet all day at work and feel like this number is what it should be.
  • fyoung1111
    fyoung1111 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    If anyone is still having problems getting their VivoXXXX to synch with MFP, try this: https://forums.garmin.com/showthread.php?197407-Vivofit-My-Fitness-Pal&p=499520#post499520
    Works every time.