Lift hard & heavy & eating well

Options
At the moment I'm bulking and train 6 days per week . So far progression of gain in terms of weight and lifts is steady and im on a good run . My goal is to gain around 10lb with as little fat as poss although that is inevitable to a degree.
If your training is based around lifting and eating good food id like to hear from you.

Replies

• spongeh
    spongeh Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Golly that profile pic makes me feel all ickle and wimpy :disappointed:

I'd like to say I eat properly and lift properly, but I think you might be operating at a different level to me :open_mouth:
  • alisonstory
    alisonstory Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    You'd be surprised I have a small frame!
    5 6" 116lb . What's your workout like?
  • spongeh
    spongeh Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Well I'm currently 6'3 247lb got down to 215lb a couple of years ago using MFP, but lost too much muscle so decided to build it back up using stong lifts and a selection of other programs while at the gym.

as of Jan 1st I'm back on the weight loss journey while this time trying to maintain as much muscle as possible, so more cardio and a more all round lifting program at the moment rather than anything specific.

Can't continue doing stonglifts much longer because my thighs dont fit in my trousers anymore LOL
  • krhn
    krhn Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Amazing physique from what I can tell in the profile pic! GJ thus far!

Although I am more viced in fat loss area, the concept is similar - lift heavy with solid form and eat more meals. I would suggest your focus, if you are aiming at gaining solid muscle, is in the kitchen - but from that profile picture I assume you know your macros etc so you probably already know its just a simple manner of bumping fats and carbs higher.
  • alisonstory
    Options
    spongeh wrote: »
    Well I'm currently 6'3 247lb got down to 215lb a couple of years ago using MFP, but lost too much muscle so decided to build it back up using stong lifts and a selection of other programs while at the gym.

as of Jan 1st I'm back on the weight loss journey while this time trying to maintain as much muscle as possible, so more cardio and a more all round lifting program at the moment rather than anything specific.

Can't continue doing stonglifts much longer because my thighs dont fit in my trousers anymore LOL

Good luck with the weight loss. I hope you get the results you want and manage to keep as much muscle as possible.
    P.s big thighs are a winner in my book!
  • alisonstory
    Options
    krhn wrote: »
    Amazing physique from what I can tell in the profile pic! GJ thus far!

Although I am more viced in fat loss area, the concept is similar - lift heavy with solid form and eat more meals. I would suggest your focus, if you are aiming at gaining solid muscle, is in the kitchen - but from that profile picture I assume you know your macros etc so you probably already know its just a simple manner of bumping fats and carbs higher.

I've pretty much got my macros and cals sorted but must admit I may take advantage of this bulk a little to much .
    Food is one if my great pleasures !
    I completely agree about lifting with good form , you see so many people in the gym loading up the bar but their form and ROM is terrible .