Introductions

Options
Hi to all. My name is Chrissy and I live in Palmerston North, New Zealand.
I'm 48 and looking to get in fabulous shape, inside and out for my 50th birthday!

Replies

• fitkittiemeow
    Options
    I wish I could "like" that like I could on Facebook. I'm Nichole. I live on Colorado and I want to be able have a blast nex ski season with out being exhausted half way
    Through the day. It's nice to meet you!
  • Chr1ssyH0ys
    Chr1ssyH0ys Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    You too Nichole, let's get this group blasting.
    I know what you mean about the "like" option!
  • fitkittiemeow
    Options
    I agree! Is there any skiing in New Zealand?
  • Chr1ssyH0ys
    Options
    There sure is!! Google, skiing in Queenstown New Zealand
  • grace4u2receive
    grace4u2receive Posts: 333 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    My name is Jennifer and have enjoyed my NutriBullet for almost two years now!!! Well it was originally bought for my husband to take to work and he would bring it home on the weekends. He did until we moved out of state.

Now he can't take it to his new job, so it stays here and gets lots of use! We have one each day and some days I let my daughters design there own smoothie. Which the really love to do! :) It has been the best blender I have ever had!

35813963.png
  • Chr1ssyH0ys
    Options
    Wow, Grace. Wanna share some of your fave recipes?
  • grace4u2receive
    Options
    Our favorite one is:

1 1/2 cups of almond milk
    handful of greens
    1 cup of frozen blueberries
    1/2 cup of frozen cherries
    1 scoop of Choc. protein powder
    2 tablespoons of natural peanut butter

Packed full of protein! 418 calories, so it makes a great breakfast to jump start your day or when you need an extra boost after exercise and have enough calories to spend!

Everything listed is all organic, except the peanut butter.
  • grace4u2receive
    Options
    We also love green smoothies too! :D Funny thing is we have an old Vit-a-mix and still use the NutriBullet more. They produce the same quality of blend. $80 that we spent on our NutriBullet is a lot better price than the vit-a-mixes even though they are both great!

Not like our Ninja we got rid of. You had to chew through those smoothies! :#
  • fitkittiemeow
    Options
    Woow! That's awesome. Totally adding those ingredients to my shopping list!
  • Chr1ssyH0ys
    Options
    Yum recipe Grace, I love cherries. Don't always find them in our supermarket though!
  • grace4u2receive
    edited February 2015
    Options
    We get our organic frozen cherries from Costco and buy them occasionally. You don't want to buy cherries if not organic, because they are in the top ten fruits that have a lot of pesticides on them that aren't healthy for us. Recipe can be made without the cherries though too! :)
  • fitkittiemeow
    Options
    Also never buy grapes from target. I work there currently and they always have mold on them. GROSS
  • Chr1ssyH0ys
    Options
    Usually grapes from Argentina or somewhere so no telling what the poor little mites been through!
  • fitkittiemeow
    Options
    It's so gross! The oranges are pretty good during the summer though. I think we get oranges from California. Also does anyone want to be friends on here?
  • Chr1ssyH0ys
    Options
    I have found frozen cranberries in my supermarket, yum!!
  • samantha1953
    samantha1953 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Hi, hoping to jump start this group again! I'm Samantha and just bought my Nutribullet RX. I have had the little Magic Bullet FOREVER and it still works great but I wanted to add greens to my smoothies. My first smoothie tasted great but the blade wasn't tight enough so started to leak. I think we caught it in time....I cleaned out the base even under the rubber seal. I will tighten with the tool next time. Looking forward to a smoother smoothie as I had to remove it too soon. Used my old trusty Magic Bullet to add my protein powder and a little splenda.