Maxine's Challenge 2015

Options
SkimFlatWhite68
SkimFlatWhite68 Posts: 1,254 Member
edited February 2015 in Social Groups
Hi everyone and welcome to the Maxine's (and Max) Challenge 2015 thread!!

Registration opens today and the challenge will start on Monday 23 February 2015.

However, you can register now and start now, and have 2 weeks extra up your sleeve to start making progress toward your final result.

For Maxine's Challenge - there are 2 categories. Tone and Shape and Get Strong. Here is what is says on the website for how to select which category to enter...

When registering for the Challenge you have an option to choose which program you would like to follow based on your fitness goals.

Tone & Shape – Designed for women who:
  • are currently carrying a reasonable amount of body fat
  • are relatively new to serious weight training programs
  • want a leaner, athletic and more toned physique
  • may have been in better shape in the past and want to turn back the clock !
If you want to strip fat and shape your body with exercise then this is the plan for you. For many women, a lean and toned figure is the ultimate goal. And this program can help you get there. It's not just about losing weight or being thin. It's about achieving that athletic toned and healthy body that sets you apart. We want you to hit the weights, embrace cardio, and commit to a disciplined diet for 12 weeks, and we promise outstanding results.

Get Strong – Designed for women who:
are currently in
  • reasonable shape and carrying some good muscle tone
  • have a petite frame, are quite thin but want to build shape and definition
  • have solid experience in weight training programs.
  • that are currently training and regulars at the gym
  • want to take their physiques to the next level
  • require functional strength and power for their sport
  • want a 'competition' type preparation and physique
For you girls who are ready to take that next step with your health, fitness and commitment to training, this is your choice. Our Get Strong training and nutrition plans are designed to build strength and add muscle to your frame. This means really stepping up in the gym with hard training and a commitment to push harder and heavier than ever. It means paying close attention to your diet to support optimum results. If your passion is exercise, or you love to play sport that requires strength and power, this step up program is designed to give you outstanding results in only 12 short weeks.

This will be my 3rd Maxine's Challenge. I did the 2013 challenge and got to my goal.

In 2014 I bummed out - just went up and down the whole time but my head wasn't really in it.

This year I am pretty much already at my maintenance but I want to really see what I can do in terms of getting stronger and fitter. I'd like to lose a few kilos, but my goal is not weight - it's aesthetic. I want to whittle away my waist and get my shoulders and arms in great condition. No more wobbles!!

I'm looking forward to having some MFP friends join in on the journey. Who is in???

Oh - and I will be posting stuff on Instagram with the following tags:
#tttaussies (this group)
#wearechallenge
#maxineschallenge15
#maxchallenge15
#teammaxines

And the following for my FaceBook groups
#mbsuc13 (we still use the same tag from the 2013 group so no-one gets lost)
#roadtochallenge15

Here are some links:

Rules

Public vs Private

Key Dates

There is a LOT more information on the website, if you are interested I suggest that you go and read the CHALLENGE INFO and decide if the challenge is right for you. Feel free to ask me any questions and if you decide to do the challenge, feel free to send me a friend request :)

Replies

• SkimFlatWhite68
    Options
    Found the cheapest supplements here:
    http://www.superdiscountsupplements.com.au/

If you order over $195 the delivery is free, plus I signed up as a VIP and got a 5% discount. I filled out some "baskets" on 4 different sites and this was the cheapest.

I bought:

2.2kg Max Nite Time - Vanilla (usually get the chocolate but vanilla is good too)
    1kg Max Super Shred (because I like the Caramel flavour)
    12 Maxine's Burn cookies
    500g Maxines Burn Strawberry (just to try it out)

Total $212
  • peejaygee1
    peejaygee1 Posts: 3,588 Member
    Options
    I'm signing up tomorrow now I've got my Australian newspaper. I'm joining for Get Strong. This will be my 2nd Maxine's but my head really wasn't into last attempt. This time I am going to smash it! Still trying to decide on whether I'll go private or public.
  • MarieFroz
    MarieFroz Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I don't know exactly what it is as a new Aussie, but I'm in! I need some extra motivation... I've looked for the group on Maxine website but can't find, did I miss something?
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Marie, Maxine's Challenge is a 12 week challenge consisting of a strict diet and training regime. It's no walk in the park, but will give fantastic results to those who stick to it. the first time I did it I didn't even stick to it and still got really good results!!

It's 3 meals and 3 snacks (protein bar or shakes) a day with 3-4 days weight training plus cardio. One rest day a week. Of course - it's up to you how hard to want to push yourself. Just following the diet alone will give you weight loss. Following the training programme will give you a great physique.

There is an online magazine that you can read here. This shows you last years winner and gives a good explanation of what's required. Also shows the Top 50 women. The mens magazine is here.

The challenge website is here. You will need to register with a full length photo of yourself holding today's newspaper and wearing either a 2 piece cosie or briefs and crop top. The rules for the photo are clearly stated when you register.

The challenge is not affiliated with MFP in any way, I just thought it would be good for those of us that use MFP to support one another.

Let me know if this clears things up for you and feel free to ask if you have any other questions.

Oh, and as you probably now know, the Instagram tag for THIS group is #tttaussies I add it to all my Instagram pics.

from Skim.

• MarieFroz
    Options
    Thanks Skim for explanations!

Yes I'm in!
    I train already quite everyday and except my crazy last week, I eat healthy.
    Is the diet hard to follow? I mean, is it very restrictive in calories? I eat 5400kJ per day, and don't want to eat less.

One last thing, I saw on the website you can see the photos of people when you look for members, but if you subscribe as private, can someone see your photo? As I am looking for work, I wouldn't want a recruiter see my pics when "googleing" my name :-)

I'll buy a newspaper and let's go!
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    Options
    I don't know about kj but there are 2 plans - Tone and Shape is about 1200 calories a day and Get Strong is about 1600 calories. It's up to you whether you follow the diet or not. I more or less follow it but eat MORE than suggested and end up around 1500 calories most days. Modify it to suit yourself, as long as you have a deficit you will lose weight and the training will get your muscles working nicely.

Private - no one can see you. I register as private for this reason. However, you are not eligible for any prizes. It also means that you don't have to use the Maxine's product if you don't want to.

Public - yes, anyone can google your name and see you.

I don't usually use Maxines products but I have bought some for the challenge just because I figure if they are giving it for free I should give them something back. I do use the Max Nite time protein shake year round because I like it :)

• peejaygee1
    Options
    Registered, baby! Going public at this stage, but need to decide whether finances are going to permit me being able to buy the required supplements for the challenge, as you need to use the supplements if you're going public and are in the actual challenge. I'm psyched for this to start!!!
  • LuvPosh
    LuvPosh Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    peejaygee1 wrote: »
    Registered, baby! Going public at this stage, but need to decide whether finances are going to permit me being able to buy the required supplements for the challenge, as you need to use the supplements if you're going public and are in the actual challenge. I'm psyched for this to start!!!

I know from last year; if you start private and go public, you cannot go back to being private. I'm not sure if you start public....what the options are, if any...to switch to private.

• peejaygee1
    Options
    I started out public last time and changed over to private. All you need to do is send an email to the admin team requesting the change in status.
  • peejaygee1
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Found the challenge supps pack really cheap here: aminoz.com.au/rewardpointsreferfriends/refer/index/?k=MC4yODc3NzkwMCAxNDIzNjAzNDg1LCw4ODcxMiwzMjEwNw

I got all this for $121.55 (with free postage!!!):
    • 1 x 1.25kg Choco-Latte Maxine's Burn Protein Powder
    • 1 x 1.25kg Strawberry Maxine's Burn Protein Powder
    • 12 x 40g Choc-Mint Maxine's Burn Bars
    • 1 x Fitness & Exercise Body Measurement Tape
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    Options
    Awesome!!! Glad to have you join me!
  • naomi8888
    naomi8888 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I've registered but went for private.
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    Options
    Great news Naomi!!
  • MarieFroz
    Options
    Hi everybody!
    I'll start officially on Monday the programm, even it's said by the 22nd
    However, I think I will not buy complements, as I still have some in an other brand for at least 2 weeks and I like it.
    But maybe later?
    Your price sounds good peejaygee

That everybody starts well!

Just to know who you are all, may give you a small presentation?!
  • naomi8888
    Options
    Hey Skim, I know you've done this before so maybe you know. How do you substitute the recipes for the standard meal plan?

I'm going to really try to nail the diet and just do what I do already for exercise as I have my Pump, GRIT, CX Worx and running. It's the eating that I need to improve.
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    Options
    Naomi nutrition is key to all this. I don't follow the meal plan exactly but I more or less follow it, just bend the rules to suit myself.

I try to have oats on my training days for breakfast. Always with PP and sometimes berries/coconut or walnuts. I have the omelettes on the weekend when I'm home and have more time. HOWEVER, if I want to cut back one day, I'll skip breakfast and call it Intermittent Fasting - this will be a common thing in my last 4 weeks so I get to eat more in the later part of the day. I prefer to have dessert than breakfast and it saves time in the morning as well.

I'll usually have a piccolo in the morning, don't usually have the morning snack, maybe almonds if I didn't have walnuts with brekkie. Again, another way to stick to the IF way of eating.

Lunch - always protein of some sort and salad/veggies. If I feel like I need it I'll have sweet potato. A common lunch for me is veggies with a tin of flavoured tuna. I don't sweat the small stuff and if I want flavoured tuna I'll have it and I don't give it a second thought. I'll easily eat 250-300g veggies, they fill me up and don't make me hungry.

Afternoon snack - protein shake and a bag of raw veggies around 4pm.

Dinner same as lunch, protein and veggies/salad. I use dressings and don't worry about that either. If that's going to keep me on track, then I don't see how it can harm. Some nights I'll have small serve of Bolognese sauce on a bowl of veggies with parmesan cheese and I still call that a win.

Late snack - either Max Nite time shake or if I'm hungry (or didn't have breakfast) I will make dessert. A common dessert for me is 125g cottage cheese with vanilla PP and coconut. OR I'll do a lemon diet jelly and blend in the food processor with vanilla PP and cottage cheese (makes like a flummery and tastes like lemon meringue pie filling) OR if I'm really hungry I'll have some baked oats with a spoon of yoghurt. OR the berries and yoghurt sometimes with coconut. I'll usually put my food on Instagram with #tttaussies.

I love dessert - without it I feel a bit deprived.

The Max chocolate Nite time I have all year round, just on water, it is thick and delicious, either after 30 mins in the freezer or 45 seconds in a mug in the microwave for a hot chocolate. I love it! Bought the vanilla but haven't tried it yet :)

I'm sticking around 1500 calories for the first 4 (6) weeks, then I'll drop to 1400 for the second 4 weeks and 1300 for the last 4 weeks. Of course - I'm 46yo, 166cm and 62kg and that's about right for ME. YVMV. My TDEE is only about 1800 as I've completely f*cked my metabolism from 35+ years of eating disorders... It would be nice to eat more, but without all the junk this is actually HEAPS of food :)

So if you can eat AS MUCH as you can in this early stage it will be better to have something to cut in the later weeks.

Oh - and I'm going out tonight so I've reduced my intake during the day (skipped breakfast) to compensate for going out for dinner. I'll still eat well - have a steak and salad but I'm not going to miss out on life and as long as I'm more or less eating well I don't think it matters.

I don't eat wheat and I don't have recreational sugar anymore and planning to give up alcohol for the whole 14 weeks.

Hope that helps. If I need to clarify anything let me know!!
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    Options
    Marie, that's fine if you don't want to use Max Supplements it's entirely up to you. The Top 10 have to have proof of purchase, but there are usually threads and threads on the subject in the forums!!

As long as you keep up your protein to the recommended 2g per kilo body weight you will progress. Carbs to 1-2g per kilo body weight (some people have more) and the rest of your food from fat.

I keep my carbs under 100g a day, but I've got endocrine issues so that's what works best for me.
  • naomi8888
    Options
    Thanks for such a detailed response Skim.

I think I can manage the meal prep, etc as that's what I often eat (although I usually have chia instead of oats in the morning). It's cutting out the snacks that I need to work on! I will def look into the Max Nite Time. I have a Musashi hot choc which is OK and it really helps with the evening sugar craving.

I'll see how I go with maintaining my normal gym routine but major focus is on nutrition for me.
  • peejaygee1
    Options
    I am so excited to start this. I've kinda gone on a "healthy bulk" in prep and will kick in on the serious level at official start of the challenge, following their food plans etc, but I'm working on the exercise plans already. 1 week to go!!!
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    Options
    Week 2 Pre-Season!!

I had a really huge weekend and had a party yesterday, went a bit overboard and feeling seedy today... Not great but I'm looking at it like my last big bust and let's call it a re-feed.

Back to the plan today :) No training today but I'll be on track with nutrition.