Hello I am new here!

Options
My name is Mindy. I am new to posting on the forum. I have been using My Fitness Pal for about 7 months. I am 29 and currently weigh 373 lbs.

I started on my weight loss journey when my general practitioner recommended I have weight loss surgery. She had recommended it the year before, too, and nothing had changed. I started to research it and thought it was right for me.

I went to OSU medical center and started the process. Psychological evaluation, endoscopy, heart tests, etc. But what really started changing my life was the weight management program.

It was a combination of behavioral, dietary, and fitness classes and personal meetings with professionals in all three areas. We had weekly weigh ins and something really started changing in me.

At the end of the 6 month program (a few weeks ago) I had lost over 60 pounds on my own. After some soul searching I told the staff that I wanted to put off the surgery and try losing weight on my own.

So here I am...Trying to conquer my old habits still. I was a binge eater, an emotional eater, a sugar addict, and dining out junkie.

But I'm starting to make a big change! I know the road will be a hard one, and surgery may still be an option for me down the road. But I'm 72 pounds down and ready to take control.

Replies

• KimWW
    KimWW Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Mindy! You've come a long way and have a lot to be proud of.
  • sparrow70
    sparrow70 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Mindy. It sounds like you have already made some good progress. Glad to have you here.
  • WVMountainMamma
    WVMountainMamma Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Welcome Mindy! I'm Cindy :) You can do it, I think the support here is wonderful. 70lbs down is awesome!! Feel free to add me and we can help encourage each other. I'm in my third week but have lots to lose.
  • Miss_Mania
    Miss_Mania Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Hey Mindy! Welcome to the group babes!
  • ShannonTourne
    ShannonTourne Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hi Mindy. Congratulations on your weight loss. You are amazing!! :smile:
  • katiekat2121
    katiekat2121 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi Mindy. You have made awesome progress. Keep going at it. You sound like me...hope your journey continues to be successful. I am here if you need an ear.