I am grateful (or happy) for...

Options
2»

Replies

• Sajyana
    Sajyana Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Today I am grateful for the internet. For information, for entertainment, for connecting to like minds.
  • GrannyMayOz
    GrannyMayOz Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    I'm with you there Sajyana.

Today I'm happy for being told about the Ketogenic Ratio Calculator at flexibleketogenic.com I love exact science and statistics so I'm really excited about this one.

Also happy that my husband has a 3 day weekend coming up once he gets home in 4 hours' time.
  • tq33702
    tq33702 Posts: 121 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Today I'm happy for being told about the Ketogenic Ratio Calculator at flexibleketogenic.com I love exact science and statistics so I'm really excited about this one.

^^^ (*) (*) (*) (*) (*) ^^^

Yesterday's Intakes:

b5us38562ipn.jpg
  • sbom1
    sbom1 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I got a "happy journal" for my granddaughter (3 1/2). She, and parents love it. We wrote in it last night and of course my heart soared when the first thing she said she was happy about today was that "Meme came to visit. " Made the 14 hour trip to get here seem like a breeze.
  • fatchimom
    fatchimom Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Love you guys! Awesome posts!! I am happy that when I log on everyone has such an upbeat and positive attitude!!!
  • Jolinia
    Jolinia Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    I am grateful that lately my body wants to stay in motion instead of staying at rest.
  • jjejjtu
    jjejjtu Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    What a great thread. Every night at bedtime I ask my daughter (9.5), "What was the best part of your day today?" I love hearing what she has to say. I probably should write it down for her to read someday.

Today I am thankful for sunshine! Wanting to feel the warmth of the sun on my skin again,
    Thankful for the fact that I am going to have an afternoon to myself later, while my kiddos are at their grandparents. I love them but have very little time to reflect or spend time doing "my" stuff. So I have an afternoon to fill with ...maybe yard work....maybe hiking with my dog...maybe spending some time researching ketogenic diets....who knows?

Also very thankful to have found this group of like-minded people. Anyone from this group who wants to add me is welcome to =)
  • GrannyMayOz
    Options
    I am grateful for today's mail deliveries. I now have Prof Tim Noakes beautiful book 'The Real Meal Revolution' packed with information and stacks of recipes that I can't wait to try. And also a blood ketosis testing machine. Can't wait for tomorrow morning to test and see if I am nicely in ketosis on my Day 25 of LCHF!

Also grateful to read of all the happiness and excitement in the above posts. Thank you so much for sharing your joy everyone *hugs*
  • Sajyana
    Sajyana Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Sleep. I have my first decent sleep in over a week. I love sleep. :D
  • GrannyMayOz
    Options
    Today I am happy because I loaded my husband up with cold (cooked!!!) sausages and a small tub of mixed raw nuts for his work lunch. He *insisted* he would need bread as well to fill him up, so he took it. He just rang to say he took one bite of the bread (his first taste in 3 weeks) and couldn't cope with it - it tasted and chewed like cardboard so he threw all the bread away. *And* he was full from the sausages and nuts anyway woo hooooo!
  • tru2one
    tru2one Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    This is such a positive thread to check on every day. Love it! Today I'm happy/grateful for the beautiful blue skies outside my work window and the perky little sparrows that drain my bird feeder within 24 hours of refilling it. I've dubbed them the "Hoover-birds." ;-)
  • shadesofidaho
    shadesofidaho Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Today I am thankful to find the keto calculatior mentioned above. This will really help me to plan my meals better. I am also so grateful for all of you here being so supportive. needing to re-learn all of this WOE over again.

Not keto related I am thankful my hubby headed off to ride his snowmobile for the first time in a little over two years. I am terrified but also proud of him for working so hard to come back from his pancreas cancer and surgery to be able to even try this. I am feeling like the mother hen pacing and wringing my hands. This is like the third time in 2 years ,other then the 24 days he spent in the hospital and I could not make it there every day at 200 mile round trip, that he has been out of my care. I hope they have the best time ever. He is going with a very trusted friend that I know will take care of him as needed. This is like the carrot dangling in front of him to get well. At least I no longer have the desire to eat the whole pantry while being crazy nervous.

• GrannyMayOz
    Options
    Today I'm grateful for my changed desires around food. Just back from my in-laws where my F-I-L always puts 2 biscuits (cookies) on a plate for me next to my cup of tea. It's just a given, he never asks which biscuit I would like or *if* I would like one at all, bless his heart. So here's me, quietly on LCHF, and he gave me THREE biscuits today!!! 2 plain biscuits and one double with cream and jam (jelly) in the middle LOL

I'd already asked David on the way down what I would do about the biscuits. Bless him, he sauntered innocently past my plate twice and took a plain one each time, and I snuck the cream one into my little 'hobby bucket' that I'd used to carry my knitting into their house LOL There was never a single second when I considered eating those cardboard items with granulated death on the top!
  • GrannyMayOz
    Options
    I am happy to feel happy o:)
    I am happy to feel healthy and energetic <3
    I am happy to have found LCHF and all of my friends around the world who meet here on this forum (*)
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    I'm grateful that all my bloodwork came back normal. No anemia, not even close this time.
  • Sugarbeat
    Sugarbeat Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Yay JPW!
  • GrannyMayOz
    Options
    Fantastic work JPW. I hope your medicos were suitably impressed too!