FYI Medifast & Hypothyroid

Options
I recently contacted Medifast about their diet and hypothyroid. Here is there response.

Dear Ms. Galle,

Thank you for contacting Medifast. My name is Theresa and I am a member of our Client Solutions Team. I appreciate the opportunity to answer your questions regarding our program.

Although you may see success on the Medifast program, we would primarily encourage you to speak with your primary care physician prior to starting any of our plans. The majority of our meals are formulated with soy protein, which may slow down your body’s absorption of thyroid medication if consumed together.

For more information on our recommended adaptations for individuals who have a thyroid concern, I have enclosed a copy of our Thyroid Medication guide. Please feel free to review this guide, as well as our nutritional information, with your physician.

I have also enclosed a copy of our Quick Start Guide, which discusses the basic structure of our 5 & 1 plan. However, if you have any additional questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to call our Client Solutions Center. It would be our sincere pleasure to assist you.

We thank you again for choosing Medifast and wish you a very pleasant afternoon.

Kindest Regards,

Theresa W.
Client Solutions Center Representative

Replies

• MCLA4mom
    MCLA4mom Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I am Hypothyroid and lost 70lbs on Take Shape For Life. Its the only thing that worked for me. there were some small tweaks I had to make because of my thyroid but totally doable.