Which foods are your favorite and another question

Options
Which foods are your fav. I'm on Day one and I just made the ziti...I'm seriously ill just thinking about it now, I find it to be inedible and soooo gross :)

Also, All this liquid drinking is making me super nauseated without anything to soak it up. I'm eating every 2-3 hours but the little meals just are not enough to absorb the liquid.

tHANKS

Replies

• MCLA4mom
    MCLA4mom Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    There will be foods that you love and foods that you HATE. Just like going to the grocery store. I love the brownies, chewy bars, crunch bars, chai late, hot chocolate, sloppy joe, pancakes, muffins, most shakes that don't taste like fruit. and lots more. I agree with you about the baked ziti. I hate the eggs and mac and cheese. If you need some tips on how to prepare it let me know. I was able to make the food work for me.
  • dwhitmoyer
    dwhitmoyer Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    The new mashed potatoes are kind of tasty and fast to cook. The ziti is tasty too, but takes forever in the microwave.
  • mintchocolategirl
    mintchocolategirl Posts: 34 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    A tip I read early on with food like Ziti and Mac&Cheese is, let it sit for a while after stirring, but before cooking. Before eating, let it sit and thicken – it usually ends up looking like a heartier meal than watered down something. All the powdered food you cook seems to be less gritty when you let it sit for a bit prior cooking as well.
  • shellabella3075
    shellabella3075 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I like most of the bars so far and I love the popcorn. The thing that I really don't like so far (it's only been a week) is the oatmeal! I truly found it to be inedible slop! I thought I could suck it up and eat it...but nope...two bites and I had to throw it away. If anyone has any tricks for the oatmeal, please let me know, otherwise it's going to be thrown away.
  • cajbjsmith0630
    cajbjsmith0630 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Ok, you can add water to it, then pour it into your waffle iron and make it that way. Or cut the water in 1/2, add one egg white and a pinch of baking powder... Mix and pour into waffle iron.... Use Pam of course..

• shellabella3075
    Options
    Thanks! I'll try this :)
  • shellabella3075
    Options
    I also read a tip about "soaking" the food first. Sounds gross...but I think it works! Basically...mixing it with the water and letting it sit before you microwave it. I can say for sure that this made a difference with the ziti marinara! I actually like it more when I soak it for a few hours first.
  • mintchocolategirl
    mintchocolategirl Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Soaking...that's what I meant! :) I stir the food with water, let it sit for 5 minutes (stir occasionally). Cook. Then let the food sit and thicken another 3-5 minutes (covered) before eating.
  • shellabella3075
    Options
    Thanks mint!
  • alhannah17
    alhannah17 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    If you don't plan ahead and soak some of the meals, you can also put them in the microwave on reduced power and it accomplishes pretty much the same thing. I like to just carry the packets in to work so this is how I make the pastas, soups, etc.

Also, if you are a tweaker, I find the Wonderslim pastas and chili to be waaaaayyyyy tastier than some of Medifast's heartier meals and more reasonably priced. I've done MF off and on successfully and have incorporated WS meals without seeing negative side effects. They aren't an exact match nut they are yummy and very close in calories, nutrients, etc.

Best of luck to us all!
  • shellabella3075
    Options
    Thanks alhannah! I'm going to google Wonderslim right now!
  • beaniebean8
    beaniebean8 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love the vegetarian sloppy joe. Sometimes I even make it on the revolution rolls like a sandwhich, which can be found on sandraskitchenadventures.com