FromHereOnOut
FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
wq5zpadyc405.jpg

Replies

• FromHereOnOut
    Options
    19b47s15wp75.jpg

^ so this is really trending right now (if you haven't watched, you can look it up), and I just found it to be awe-inspiring of what the human body is capable of. I find it very inspiring.
  • FromHereOnOut
    Options
    Well, I think DH is officially getting into it. He wanted to go to the gym this afternoon and I told him to go ahead because I'm a push-over. It looked on the brink of rain, but never did--par for the course as far as Greek Winter. So I'm totally behind and itching to get out for a run. The weather hasn't been totally cooperative, or for sure I would have already been out there running. Played with the settings on my watch and charging it up for the weekend. Gotta get out there!

Happy Friday everyone! Happy Friday the 13th, if you're into that sort of thing. :smile:
  • btsinmd
    btsinmd Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Hi All, sorry I haven't been posting much. I've been reading though. Glad that everyone is keeping it together despite all that life is throwing at you. Between husbands, moving, and ridiculous weather, you have all been doing pretty well!

Maryland has had some really great weather lately, for about the past week and a half. Even two days that were almost balmy. So I was feeling like winter was over. Yes, I knew that winter wasn't over, but I felt like it was. So this morning when I woke up to bone cold with a high of that day which will be well below freezing, I was a bit upset. I really should look at weather reports. Last night was really cold, too, so instead of trying to do anything outside I did a quick fun workout in my work gym before I went home. I had hoped that today would get warmer though.

I need to get a 5-6 mile run this weekend and had planned to do it today, and still do. So I think that I need to just bundle up and get out there. I leave work in about a half hour and then home, dress, and out we'll go.
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Early morning session with my trainer. He's a good guy. Last week I was pretty frustrated and he went above & beyond to make sure I had a good week. Got to work & sent him a text letting him know I appreciated that. I'm so rushed getting out of there Fridays that I barely have time to say goodbye. Today I had 19 minutes to shower & get ready for work before I had to be out the door. Was going to swim after work but I'm going into town tomorrow for an appointment so will go before that instead. I've got a random pain in my back and want to give it a little extra rest. Guessing I tweaked a muscle during either last night or this morning's workout.

Sherry it was very nice to let your husband have the workout time. Make sure you get yours too! Especially since he'll be traveling again soon.

Donna hope you got your run in. Been cold here too. Yesterday morning it was -11 (air temp), today got up to +19 but tomorrow's high is -1. There's also a wind chill advisory so it's not going to feel even that warm. I will be treadmill running again this weekend, although I'm also on the elliptical so that's okay. That will break it up.

This weekend's scheduled run is 8 miles so Jason has me doing 1.5 miles on the elliptical & 2.5 miles on the treadmill, twice. Moving back & forth should break up the monotony of doing 8 miles indoors. Treadmill intervals are 1 mile run to 1/4 mile walk. Last week was 7 miles total, 3 elliptical & 4 treadmill (3/4 to 1/4 mile intervals). Baby steps. I'm joking that I'm sneaking up on being able to run again.