Fats

Options
2»

Replies

• Sajyana
    Sajyana Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Cream. Put in your tea/coffee. Eat it off the spoon. Freeze it and add a couple of strawberries or low carb syrup. It's a great alternative to ice cream.
    Eat chicken with the skin on.
    Eat meat with the fat on.
    Add cheese to the top of your steak and put it under the grill until it melts.

I'm with oyadancing. Sauces are delicious and full of fat.

• fancyroberts
    fancyroberts Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    And eating bacon grease and all those saturated fats won't clog my arteries and leave me for dead in a year or so?? lol! Bear with me people...just seems scary!!
  • DittoDan
    DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    And eating bacon grease and all those saturated fats won't clog my arteries and leave me for dead in a year or so?? lol! Bear with me people...just seems scary!!

The opposite happens.

Watch the video on YouTube called: "Fat Head".

Dan the Man from Michigan
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options

• IamUndrCnstruction
    IamUndrCnstruction Posts: 691 Member
    Options

Thank you for asking that. It sits in the back of my head no matter how much I want to believe that that won't happen.

• SOOZIE429
    SOOZIE429 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Sugar is the enemy! Not saturated fats!
  • IamUndrCnstruction
    Options
    Oh, I am in complete agreement that sugar is not good for you. I am just still a little afraid of fat. Many years of conditioning to undo, I guess.
  • DittoDan
    Options
    Oh, I am in complete agreement that sugar is not good for you. I am just still a little afraid of fat. Many years of conditioning to undo, I guess.

There are literally dozens upon dozens of studies that saturated fat is good for you. I think you need to watch some videos or read some good books on the subject.

When I first heard about the Ketogenic diet, I had the same exact fears you had. I had to do a "double take". I am 57 years old and I remember when the government started the mis-information about fat. It started with the Pritiken diet. What a epic failure that diet was. Then the government started telling everyone to go low fat. That was 30 years ago, and the whole country is worse off health wise because of that one recommendation. The government should stay out of nutrition recommendations. I was watching a video last night that estimates that 75% of all healthcare is related to metabolic syndrome, diabetes, heart attacks/cardio (side effects of metabolic syndrome), etc.

Yes, fat has been unjustly demonized. We all suffer for it.

I will reiterate to watch the "Fat Head" video on YouTube to quell your fears.

I hope this helps,

• DittoDan
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Here is the thread that has the video I mentioned above: (I tried to watch it before bedtime, but only got half way thru). Thanks to Gerrielips for posting:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10084476/see-link-carb-loaded-a-culture-dying-to-eat-from-epoch-times#Item_3

• jordanify
    jordanify Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I love a teaspoon of coconut oil in my coffee or herbal tea. Every bit helps.
  • GSD_Mama
    GSD_Mama Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    jordanify wrote: »
    I love a teaspoon of coconut oil in my coffee or herbal tea. Every bit helps.

This^ I do it every morning in my coffee!
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,958 Member
    Options
    Dragonwolf wrote: »

WATCH THIS! It's a little long. Worth it.
  • shadesofidaho
    shadesofidaho Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    (*)
  • bjmcq
    bjmcq Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    has anyone found a good macro for low carb weight loss

• IamUndrCnstruction
    Options
    DittoDan wrote: »

There are literally dozens upon dozens of studies that saturated fat is good for you. I think you need to watch some videos or read some good books on the subject.

When I first heard about the Ketogenic diet, I had the same exact fears you had. I had to do a "double take". I am 57 years old and I remember when the government started the mis-information about fat. It started with the Pritiken diet. What a epic failure that diet was. Then the government started telling everyone to go low fat. That was 30 years ago, and the whole country is worse off health wise because of that one recommendation. The government should stay out of nutrition recommendations. I was watching a video last night that estimates that 75% of all healthcare is related to metabolic syndrome, diabetes, heart attacks/cardio (side effects of metabolic syndrome), etc.

Yes, fat has been unjustly demonized. We all suffer for it.

I will reiterate to watch the "Fat Head" video on YouTube to quell your fears.

I hope this helps,

Thank you! I will watch it :)