Valentine's Day

Options
betsysjl
betsysjl Posts: 175 Member
What is everyone doing for Valentine's Day? Are you pre-planning meals? Working out with a loved one?

I'm cooking a "romantic" dinner at home. Flank steak, cauliflower mashed potatoes (for me), and sexy cooked carrots.

Would love to go for a hike with my husband, but it supposed to be negative -10 degrees.

Replies

• chloe1016
    Options
    Hubby and I are going to walk around a place called Hartville Market. It has a huge hardware store, flea market area and a gift shop area. Its freezing in Ohio too. This is all indoor and probably covers over 5 miles of walking. And they have an Amish restaurant. Yummy! We bought each other MP3 players for Valentine's Day. No chocolates here! Oh by the way what are sexy cooked carrots?? Lol!
  • jillshadow
    jillshadow Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I am doing nothing as far as I know. I must admit I am a little upset. Unless the husband is going to pull something out of his *kitten* at the last minute. But I don't think so. He is at work when I am awake and when he is home I am sleeping. So we don't get to see each other during the week. It sucks. Maybe I will make a black heart cake and eat it all myself LOL (just kidding, I am being over dramatic).
  • xxoneluckygirlxx
    xxoneluckygirlxx Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I work 12.5 days and he works 12.5 nights... it's our weekend to work so i won't see him til Monday Morning.. but we're going to reschedule valentines day :) It's not too big of a deal for us... with our schedule every time we're off it's like a holiday :0 lol corn ball. But hope everyone have fun and i hope your hubby surprises you @jillshadow‌ .
  • mainebeachbum
    mainebeachbum Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    We had plans to go snowshoeing during the day sometime and then we had reservations at an authentic Italian restaurant (the man and woman that answer the phone to take reservations can't understand us and we struggle to understand them!), but this new blizzard has ruined those plans. Maybe next weekend.

We sound like we are all in the same boat. My hubby works nights, too. So even on the weekends when we are off together, he is up all night and sleeps usually until 1-2 PM. It sure makes family time a challenge!
  • softblondechick
    softblondechick Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    We went to visit my daughter at college, weekend trip. And very romantic so far...just being away from home makes such a difference.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    Salsa-dancing date with someone I just met.

Not entirely sure what this will entail, but I expect to have fun. :blush:
  • betsysjl
    betsysjl Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    We ended up seeing Kingsman. It was good, bloodier than I was expecting, with zero romance. My husband and daughter got popcorn and soda. I asked for a water, but he forgot to get it. I made flank steak for dinner with cauliflower mashed potatoes and green beans. Not any romance for the day, but a nice day with the family.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    Wow, that was the best Valentine's Day in...as long as I can remember!
  • Rachelerik
    Rachelerik Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Hubby surprised me with a BBQ dinner on the patio (felt like a summer evening) with friends followed by a Wynona Judd concert. Very nice Valentines Day!
  • RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Nice diner with my husband & girls. We exchanged gifts after & he'd picked out a beautiful diamond heart necklace and a new pair of nike sneakers. He's always thinking of my heart. Love that man<3