Options
GSD_Mama
GSD_Mama Posts: 629 Member
what are you making? I'm up for some creem cheese pancakes and bacon roses! ❤️

Replies

• FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    I'll have bacon and eggs for breakfast, and then probably just hamburger for the rest of the day. My wife and I have planned several things to do today that aren't food related. Primarily because she knows how impossible I can be when it comes to food, especially the kinds of foods traditionally enjoyed on holidays like this one.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,958 Member
    Options
    Dark Chocolate Candied Pecans
    butter, liquid sweetener, pecans and maybe a little cinnamon. Heated up in a pan. Then, drizzled with melted dark chocolate. I've never tried it. But it will probably be about 6 net carbs, if I eat the whole thing. I've already logged it. I might use less chocolate. We'll see how it turns out. I wanted a V-day steak. But we have no steak... :disappointed: I guess it will be chicken smothered in butter and colby-jack instead. Still yummy.
  • GSD_Mama
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »
    Dark Chocolate Candied Pecans
    butter, liquid sweetener, pecans and maybe a little cinnamon. Heated up in a pan. Then, drizzled with melted dark chocolate. I've never tried it. But it will probably be about 6 net carbs, if I eat the whole thing. I've already logged it. I might use less chocolate. We'll see how it turns out. I wanted a V-day steak. But we have no steak... :disappointed: I guess it will be chicken smothered in butter and colby-jack instead. Still yummy.

Sounds yummy! I need to make some dessert and chocolate :)
  • GSD_Mama
    Options
    My brejv2cyyxcrlo9.jpg
    aku01w2lkqofw8.jpg

My breakfast, I couldn't eat it all!
    Pancakes with whey protein, almond flower and cream cheese. Bacon roses, avocado and strawberry
    xoxo
  • mebeep
    mebeep Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Today I have been married for 17 yrs , yeah!!!! We decided to celebrate last night to beat the crowds. I was a little worried that I would mess up at a restaurant , but it worked out well! I had a chicken breast sandwich with Swiss, bacon, and avocado sans bread. Then Herbed mayo and green salad on the side . A black coffee with cream, and absolutely no craving for the decadent treats that were displayed! I think my husband was surprised, I am quite the sugar bug. But now when I eat this way I am content and full, a feeling I did not have following the U.S. guidelines. The scale was lower this morning and I am starting to think that this way of eating could really be my ticket back to wellness ! Have a happy Valentine's Day!!!
  • GSD_Mama
    Options
    Happy Anniversary! @mebeep‌
  • Sajyana
    Sajyana Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    We have a friend staying over this weekend. Dinner was roast pork with crackling, roasted garlic butter asparagus and roasted carrots. Yummmmmmmmmm We were so full we didn't bother with dessert.

Oh, and I received some beautiful yellow tulips. <3
  • radiii
    radiii Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Leftover burgers, just another day here. Happy anniversary though :)
  • GrannyMayOz
    GrannyMayOz Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    Happy Anniversary mebeep and Happy Valentine's Day everyone.

Nothing special here except that every day is special with my husband. Sometimes we give gifts or cards for Valentine's and sometimes we don't. Sometimes calorie burning exercise is a better gift ;)
  • DAM5412
    DAM5412 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Happy Anniversary mebeep!

I took my 5 year old to Build-a-bear and then we went to Johnny Rockets for lunch, so I had a double bacon burger with mayo that was delish!

Dinner was pot roast with veggies and mashed potatoes for the hubby and kids, I had a little bit of the roast only.

My 5 yr old did give me a small box of chocolates (kids love those heart shaped boxes) and he's been enjoying them alone. I think I will save the box though as the first holiday on keto that I withstood temptation!
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    I got a small bag worth of candy, cookies, and other stuff from my students on Friday. I have no idea where it all went. I gave a handful to the kiddo, but the rest was on the kitchen table. I think my wife threw it out. It's all good. I had no intention of eating it.
  • sbom1
    sbom1 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    DAM5412 wrote: »
    Happy Anniversary mebeep!

I took my 5 year old to Build-a-bear and then we went to Johnny Rockets for lunch, so I had a double bacon burger with mayo that was delish!

Dinner was pot roast with veggies and mashed potatoes for the hubby and kids, I had a little bit of the roast only.

My 5 yr old did give me a small box of chocolates (kids love those heart shaped boxes) and he's been enjoying them alone. I think I will save the box though as the first holiday on keto that I withstood temptation!

(*)