I'm going to finish this time ! starting January 6th 2015

Options
124»

Replies

• dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Yeah, I just punched your information in, and it seems like you should be aiming for at least 1800-2000 calories most days as opposed to just the weekends.

I would also consider looking at your measurements and do a side-by-side with your pictures. If you are noticing changes in this, then just keep doing what you are doing. The weight on the scale is only 1 way of tracking progress. Measurements, how your clothes fit, fat % and pictures are even better methods to see if your are making progress.
  • priyac1987
    priyac1987 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    My measurements and pics dont seem to be moving along with the scales. I just seem to be at a standstill.. I do tend to feel a little tired - like i want to sleep for AGES! and i feel hungry all the time, my mind is constantly on food - but then iv kinda always been like that so sometimes just in a habit of ignoring that feeling! I have changed my diary to 1700 and going to work on eating that or just a little more everyday and see how that goes until the end of insanity!! Only 3 weeks left really so may as well stick to that until the end and see how I get on!

Will feed back to you :smile: thanks for your help dakotababy :smile:
  • dakotababy
    Options
    I am not quite done week one, but holy crap I am really not feeling into it! I just took a week off for recovery week, but this month 2 just doesnt even seem attainable to me anymore, and I feel like giving up. I did max interval today, and pretty much stopped half way through the video. :( I figure at least if I half-*kitten* the workouts, maybe one day things will just "click" and Ill be able to power through them.
  • AlbionOakley
    AlbionOakley Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I'm going to switch to T25 on Monday, can't do the month two workouts justice at all
  • dakotababy
    Options
    Tomorrow is my day off. I plan to do one of the workouts from month 1 to see how I have progressed. I did Max plyo today, and honestly...I did a lot of the workout today. It was hard, and I got a good workout...but I just dont know if I really enjoy doing the exercises. Balance Push-ups for example...or the pogo one... My balance is HORRIBLE. like holy cow I can not stand on 1 leg for more than a second.

I am just finding it annoying that a lot of the time, I am spending trying to get the move correct and actually do enough of them to get a good workout. But I am still sweating...so that must mean I am doing something right.

Albion, I am sorry to hear you have decided to quit the workout. I have heard it is not for everyone, and it is a mental push to get through it. I find I struggle with being perfect, so this workout is actually really challenging myself to push through despite not being able to catch on quick or do it perfectly.
  • AlbionOakley
    AlbionOakley Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I have woken up this morning with a recurrence of plantar fasciitis which I haven't had for years. Can barely weight bear on my right foot, so that's decided it for me !
  • priyac1987
    Options
    I have to admit, i dont mind month 2 much!! I love seeing how many calories i burn and i do feel good afterwards... in all fairness, most of the moves i do struggle with, but what the heck, im moving so im still burning calories and thats ultimately what matters!! I 100% struggle with all the push up moves, because i cannot do a push up still!! I HATE max plyo!! but i push through it.. i didnt work my *kitten* off for 6 weeks to give up now...I have upped my calories this week thanks to Dakotababy's advice, and actually feel like I have much more energy to push harder in the workout.. so will see what the last three weeks brings!

Albion, im sorry to hear about your injury.. please take care of your foot and hope it gets better soon!

keep pushing folks! We CAN do this!
  • Chetan_Kid
    Chetan_Kid Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

Well let me tell you that you guys are awesome for taking up insanity!!!
    Even I have started with insanity again!!!!!
    Need lotta support from you guys!!!!
    Here to make friends who can keep track of each other's diet and exercise!!!
    Please send friend request who would be interested in this mission!!!!!

May the force be with you!! B)

• dakotababy
    Options
    Priyac, your positivity is inspiring for me. I am really struggling with month 2, mentally. I just dread it and I stop doing the circut before its done, because I just get lazy. It is not that my body cant handle it...I even tried doing plyo from month 1, and I did not do very good at that either.

I am debating if I should go to doing insanity every 2nd day...which may help take the dread away. I miss the gym.

Oh yeah, I guess before I wanted to post that I have lost 1.5 inches just from my lower stomach/love handle circumference since the middle of month 1. :D So far, I have not lost any weight in month 2 (which could also be contributing to my struggle with wanting to do it. I feel like my body has adjusted).
  • priyac1987
    Options
    I know your struggle dakota, i feel the same but i just keep trying to push through! Im pretty OCD about stuff so when i set to do a task, i feel uncomfortable leaving it half finished!! It really bugs me!! I took your advice about eating more and I have slightly increased my food and i saw a 0.5lb drop this morning which has made me feel good considering I know im eating more!
    One thing that motivates me to complete the workout even when i dont feel like i have any energy what so ever is that i set out a goal of the amount of calories i want to burn and i keep an eye on my HRM monitor, and when i see its lagging behind, or I have only burnt X amount of calories in X amount of minutes, im like DAMN i need to kick more *kitten* if i wanna hit my goal!!! And if I do then it makes me feel great. Sure the scales aren't moving and my measurements arnt even changing too but I do FEEL better and STRONGER and HEALTHIER!

Keep going dakota.. you have 2 weeks to go! Sometimes I think we get into a mindset that we are doing this for weightloss, but thats not the only reason we are doing this.. we are doing this to better ourselves, to make ourselves stronger, to make ourselves healthier and we wont see all of this in our weight loss, but that doesn't mean its happening! Have you improved on your fit tests? 6 weeks ago, could you push as hard as you can now? You yourself will know the answer to this and you yourself will know YOU HAVE improved and YOU HAVE got better and all this hardwork wasn't for nothing!!

P.s my daily job is to support and motivate people.. so im not too shabby at it!! haha
  • dakotababy
    Options
    I am so happy to hear your weight dropped! :D It is amazing how if you are not fueling enough, that our bodies know and stop losing.

I just wanted to share that today I got on the scale and dropped another 1.2lbs. I am officially in the "healthy" range on the BMI (yes yes I know, its not the whole picture). Huge milestone for me, considering I was well into the obese category.

I have also decided that because I do night shifts, and it makes it difficult to do the workouts - I realized that it is the length of the workout that makes it hard for me to do it. I have decided that when I am on my night shifts, I will be doing Insanity month 1 workouts, and on my days off - I will continue with the schedule for month 2. It will take me longer to complete the program, but I figure at least I will be doing a workout...and probably more results!
  • priyac1987
    Options
    woo hoo congrats on your loss!! Mine was short lived as I ate WAY too much this weekend and now im up 4lbs!!! I know its temp, because there is no physical way I could gain 4lbs in 2 days, but its kinda annoying!! Just gonna keep ploughing through! 2 weeks to go and then I will be having a week rest before i start IM30! My knees are starting to hurt quite a bit too so looking forward to the week off... tonight.. Max Intervals AND fit test! Not looking forward to it.. its just tooo long, but hopefully the extra cal burn will help with the binge from this weekend...