Anyone else struggling/losing steam?

Options
skroops
skroops Posts: 19 Member
Please tell me I am not the only one. I have started 30DS SO many times but can never manage to get through it!

I should have been staring level 2 the middle of this week, but I skipped three days in a row because this has been a crappy week. I lost my job (not unexpected because I knew it was a temporary position but still sucks just the same). Add to it that I am PMSing, and sick of this cold snowy weather and I am just in a funk! :(

So when I got up this morning the last things I wanted to do was workout. And even though it took to until almost lunchtime to motivate myself, I forced myself to do day 1 of level 2 today. Yay! Small victory! :) I didn't do 10 full days of level 1, but I was just so bored of level one and ready to move on.

So, level 2 day 1 complete and I am back on this! I am determined to FINALLY see this program all the way through and I am not gonna let those 3 rest days get in my way and slow me down.

How's everyone else doing?

Happy Saturday/Happy Valentines Day! :smile:

Replies

• trying4real
    trying4real Posts: 113 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Every day it is a mental battle for me,( excuses run thru my head) but every day I tell myself to just shut up and do it lol I am not going to change at all if I don't do this work. Looking in the mirror helps

edited: forgot the Happy V-day!
  • coulibalymuso
    coulibalymuso Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Same here - mental battle for me as well - it's that whole breathless I think I'm going to die feeling that holds me back. But then I say to myself - it's only 20 min of torture, lol....plus this board keeps me accountable. I have missed two days myself, so I totally understand!

Happy <3 day- stay strong!!
  • ksnel3
    ksnel3 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I was literally just getting on to post something similar. I just finished level 2 day 3 and I was thinking how bored I was beginning to get. I play my own music while I do 30DS and it helps a little
  • moreliz88
    Options
    I feel bad I eat 4 pizza slices today :(
    but not gonna let that get on my way, oh well tomorrow is another day..
  • erock115
    erock115 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    It really helps me to work out every day. If I feel too tired and start making excuses then I'll "ruin" my everyday streak. Sometimes I will use lighter weights if I am tired. We're halfway there.
    @moreliz88‌ don't brat yourself up. Just keep on going with working out. Like you said today is a new day.
  • moreliz88
    Options
    erock115 wrote: »
    It really helps me to work out every day. If I feel too tired and start making excuses then I'll "ruin" my everyday streak. Sometimes I will use lighter weights if I am tired. We're halfway there.
    @moreliz88‌ don't brat yourself up. Just keep on going with working out. Like you said today is a new day.

Thank you (:
  • skroops
    skroops Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies. It helps to know that I'm not alone! I think this board/group is really helpful to be able to "talk" to people going through the same thing. :)
  • piezoelectrick
    piezoelectrick Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi - I've been a really passive member of this group but your stories motivate me to 30DS everyday so I thought I'd post a little about my mental acrobatics before I actually do the damn thing.

- The first thing I do upon waking in the morning is look in the mirror and poke at my fat a lil. Fat is just excess glucose stored as triglycerides bc your silly liver thought it gave you an evolutionary edge. Now you just need your mitochondria to use up some of your glycogen reserves so then your body leaches all that stored fat to replenish it! So yeah I pep talk my mitochondria and think about how balancing my visceral/subcutaneous fat will help my endocrine regulation which basically trickles down into every aspect of life - eating, sleeping, happy times, sexy times, neurons, your very thoughts! I'm rambling but point I want to make is that loving my body and appreciating all the things it does to keep me going everyday motivates me so much more to keep myself strong and fit than hating my body.

- That I'm-going-to-die feeling coulibaly mentioned is my biggest demotivator. It evokes such a visceral aversion and I start thinking of how much easier it would be to just go on with my day and put off torture till tomorrow. But the one thing that saves me from this pitfall is thinking of all the misery I've already put in to this. And how that misery HAS TO COUNT FOR SOMETHING, OR ELSE! And not wanting my hard work to go to waste makes me really think about whether I need the rest day or not, and committing to not taking more than one rest day at a time.

- I also have a pinterest board of 30DS before and after pics that I'll look at and wanting my own before and after pic helps when laziness starts to take over.

- Also I'm coming to terms with the idea that exercise should not be some novelty thing I do just because I want to lose 10 pounds. It should be a regular thing I do for the rest of my life for the sake of itself. This makes 30DS seem less of a 'big thing I have to do' and more of a stepping stone to not only becoming, but staying leaner and healthier.

- When I find myself making excuses it helps to just stop thinking. Just pretend you're a robot with no free will and all you can do is helplessly observe as your biochemical machine does all this heavy lifting and grunting.

- If the above fails and you absolutely must think, think only that you're a bad *kitten* who can do anything (though not as bad of a *kitten* as Jillian who, lets face it, is a veritable HBIC). Do you not want to be the person who could always use a good chest fly in their life? In level 2 during those last horrendous plank twists Jillian says if Natalie can do it so can you. Those words pull me through every time. Yes, Natalie barely breaks a sweat, has perfect symmetrical form, and SMILES SADISTICALLY when doing those awful raises, but whats so great about Natalie anyway? Prove Natalie second rate. Crush Natalie, be badder than *kitten* Natalie.

- Sometimes I'll start to, in Jillian's words, "phone it in" but then she says "3 more guys!" and because theres an end in sight I'll muster the strength to do 3 more good ones even though I thought I couldn't. Those moments make me realize the psychological part of exercise. Instead of thinking "I can't anymore, I'm going to die" I try to think like "Is this the worst dying could feel like? I could probably feel worse no?" and then I, to quote Jillian again, "push it out, push it out".

I'm literally the laziest. Some of you admirable folks actually have the willpower to wake up early to exercise. I am too gooey for that, I love my warm gooey bed and eating gooey things, calorie count be damned. But I wrote here what ended up being an entire essay because, after numerous attempts at getting in shape, and having twice failed at level 1 of 30DS, I, for the first time in my entire life have kicked *kitten* for 2 weeks straight and tomorrow I will complete day 5 of level 2 and holy gluteus maximus thats halfway!!! Srsly, if I can trick my stubborn self into doing 30DS you can SO do it!
  • piezoelectrick
    piezoelectrick Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    haha myfitnesspal automatically converted my curse words into cute nonthreatening stars.
  • pinkvici
    pinkvici Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I've really struggled this last week! Did 8 days of level 1, but only 2 days of level 2 so far. Life has just got in the way...toddler unwell and work very stressful so exercise has been the last thing on my mind. I lost 1lb last week so only 6lbs to go, but I've not been great with food the last few days. I'm trying to get back to it by focusing on my holiday in May but it really is tough!
  • hnyzthms
    hnyzthms Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Your not the only one hun. I've gained and my food has gone awful. I fully attend to start again first thing tomo no excuses. We can do this ☺
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Hi - I've been a really passive member of this group but your stories motivate me to 30DS everyday so I thought I'd post a little about my mental acrobatics before I actually do the damn thing.

- The first thing I do upon waking in the morning is look in the mirror and poke at my fat a lil. Fat is just excess glucose stored as triglycerides bc your silly liver thought it gave you an evolutionary edge. Now you just need your mitochondria to use up some of your glycogen reserves so then your body leaches all that stored fat to replenish it! So yeah I pep talk my mitochondria and think about how balancing my visceral/subcutaneous fat will help my endocrine regulation which basically trickles down into every aspect of life - eating, sleeping, happy times, sexy times, neurons, your very thoughts! I'm rambling but point I want to make is that loving my body and appreciating all the things it does to keep me going everyday motivates me so much more to keep myself strong and fit than hating my body.

- That I'm-going-to-die feeling coulibaly mentioned is my biggest demotivator. It evokes such a visceral aversion and I start thinking of how much easier it would be to just go on with my day and put off torture till tomorrow. But the one thing that saves me from this pitfall is thinking of all the misery I've already put in to this. And how that misery HAS TO COUNT FOR SOMETHING, OR ELSE! And not wanting my hard work to go to waste makes me really think about whether I need the rest day or not, and committing to not taking more than one rest day at a time.

- I also have a pinterest board of 30DS before and after pics that I'll look at and wanting my own before and after pic helps when laziness starts to take over.

- Also I'm coming to terms with the idea that exercise should not be some novelty thing I do just because I want to lose 10 pounds. It should be a regular thing I do for the rest of my life for the sake of itself. This makes 30DS seem less of a 'big thing I have to do' and more of a stepping stone to not only becoming, but staying leaner and healthier.

- When I find myself making excuses it helps to just stop thinking. Just pretend you're a robot with no free will and all you can do is helplessly observe as your biochemical machine does all this heavy lifting and grunting.

- If the above fails and you absolutely must think, think only that you're a bad *kitten* who can do anything (though not as bad of a *kitten* as Jillian who, lets face it, is a veritable HBIC). Do you not want to be the person who could always use a good chest fly in their life? In level 2 during those last horrendous plank twists Jillian says if Natalie can do it so can you. Those words pull me through every time. Yes, Natalie barely breaks a sweat, has perfect symmetrical form, and SMILES SADISTICALLY when doing those awful raises, but whats so great about Natalie anyway? Prove Natalie second rate. Crush Natalie, be badder than *kitten* Natalie.

- Sometimes I'll start to, in Jillian's words, "phone it in" but then she says "3 more guys!" and because theres an end in sight I'll muster the strength to do 3 more good ones even though I thought I couldn't. Those moments make me realize the psychological part of exercise. Instead of thinking "I can't anymore, I'm going to die" I try to think like "Is this the worst dying could feel like? I could probably feel worse no?" and then I, to quote Jillian again, "push it out, push it out".

I'm literally the laziest. Some of you admirable folks actually have the willpower to wake up early to exercise. I am too gooey for that, I love my warm gooey bed and eating gooey things, calorie count be damned. But I wrote here what ended up being an entire essay because, after numerous attempts at getting in shape, and having twice failed at level 1 of 30DS, I, for the first time in my entire life have kicked *kitten* for 2 weeks straight and tomorrow I will complete day 5 of level 2 and holy gluteus maximus thats halfway!!! Srsly, if I can trick my stubborn self into doing 30DS you can SO do it!

That was awesome!!!! LOL