Help quitting smoking

i know I know it's a disgusting horrible habit and I have quit twice in my life when I was pregnant with my children now I'm starting my transformation with exercise and eating right my last bucket to kick is smoking and it's hard so so hard! Any suggestions or helpful tips would be great! Thank you in advance

Replies

• Berna0659
    Berna0659 Posts: 2 Member
    I have also been trying to quit.I just changed the way I think of them. Like after I smoke one smell ur fingers. Its disgusting! Imagine what ur breath smells like if your fingers smell like that. Then I tell myself what do my clothes smell like after a smoke?? Can my coworkers smell it?.
    Doing this for me prolongs me lighting the next cigarette. So far it's working I'm smoking much less than I did before and have chosen a quit date....
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    I had great luck using Blu after a bad chest x-ray in 2012. They have a variety of nicotine levels, so you can start with whatever is compatible with your current intake and reduce when you refill until you are down to zero nicotine. After that the physical addiction is gone and all that's left is psychological. Easy to recharge, variety of flavors (mint and coffee were my favorite), easy to slip into a pocket or purse, and easy for usage to dwindle away without even noticing it. I can't remember the last time I used mine or where it is.
  • Grinage1027
    Grinage1027 Posts: 31 Member
    I'm cutting back too, doing ok so far! If you want friend me and we can concur this together
  • Linvala
    Linvala Posts: 53 Member
    I've quit smoking for about 6 months now. I smoked a lot and it was even worse when I was out with friends. When I started to quit I tried to do it during a time I knew it wasn't going to be stressful for me and started to gradually cut down by a cig or two every other day. I chewed a lot of gum and even made sure I was busy at all times. I also craved a lot of candy and carried sugar free suckers with me. I still crave cigarettes especially when I'm stressed but I just chew some gum and focus on something else and it eventually passes. Good luck on quitting though!
  • MountainMaggie
    MountainMaggie Posts: 104 Member
    E-gigs helped me a lot. Ultimately you just have to get to that point where you're done. I had been cutting back for a while but part of me just really enjoyed smoking and didn't want to quit. One as I was smoking my first or second cig of the day, I just became completely disgusted and announced to my work crew: "That's it. I'm done." Neither they nor I thought I would totally quit cold turkey, but I did. I had to avoid drinking and other triggers for a while, but it will be a year in April, and though I've quit before, this time I really feel I've quit for good. Something just clicked in my brain.
  • Grinage1027
    Grinage1027 Posts: 31 Member
    I only had one n half today!! Whoop whoop normal day is 8 or so doing good!
  • felicityangie
    felicityangie Posts: 3 Member
    E-cig is the best way to stop smoking. I have not had a cigarette since March of 2014. You slowly wing yourself off the nicotine . You no longer smell like cigarettes, get ashes all over everything,and flavors they have for them are wonderful. I have cotton candy and pineapple upside cake. Taste just like desert and I'm not eating in the place of smoking. It's wonderful.
  • HI! Really wanting to quit is a great start for you. I've recently quit again. I'd smoked for about 10 years, and also tried to quit at least 6 times. The longest I've ever made it is about 3 months. I've only gotten thru the last two months by reminding myself that the need to smoke only lasts like 3 min. And then I forget. And might want another cig 4 min from the last craving, BUT i know i just have to get thru in 3 min increments. That is how i've done it, plus I remind myself that I can have one, in the future, someday, if I feel like it. Like if I'm in Paris maybe I'll smoke a cigarette.

The hardest is not smoking in my car. I still want to smoke in my car everyday. What made it more tolerable this time is that I really wanted to quit. I started training for a marathon. I actually can't stand the smell of tobacco. Once I stopped and could smell other smokers, I realized how totally disgusting it is. Wish you luck! Hope it works out. Stay strong, only 3 min at a time!