Hi & Why?

Options
Hi there,
I'm sophie, and I'm a binge eater that does it in secret. I shop for naughty snacks, hide them and then gorge myself on the weekends secretly in my bedroom away from judging eyes.
I know it's unhealthy and I'm caught in a self-destructive cycle, so I've set up this group for any others who do it and need support. We may not have the answers and cures, but I think that if you're going through a tough time with this issue the we should all be there for each other.
Let's share tips, advice, worries and thoughts!
Thanks

Replies

• trisportmom
    trisportmom Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I've been there ... I'm not there right now - but know how easy to slide back down that slippery slope -
  • not2old2move
    not2old2move Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I am not big on sweets, potato chips, or most snacks. My downfall is pasta. Any form of macaroni and spaghetti noodles. And I can eat a HUGE bowl. I really think I am addicted to the stuff. I get real cravings for it. I know it is bad to eat such a huge amount but cannot stop myself. This usually happens about once a week. The rest of the time I eat pretty healthy. I have about 50 lbs to lose and am 61 years old. I know I have to start getting into shape while I am still able to. I just need to know how to control this compulsion to eat like that and yes, to understand WHY so maybe I can control myself. Thanks for reading and starting this group. I hope we can help each other!

Ginger
  • anne_driessen
    anne_driessen Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hey hey (so glad I found this group to be honest :p) Like you I binge in secret (like I will only buy and eat things that I know my boyfriend wont notice missing) , I will get in a mood that may or may not resemble a starving animal being given food for the first time in a week, and just eat whatever is around the house, recently its become a little better where im actually quite concious of whats happening while binging, and Trying to controll it a bit (failing often, but I guess its a start, and better then waking up the next morning and opening an empty fridge), because I dont really track the bindges I think in my most recent one (last night) I probably consumed about 1000 calories in one sitting :( Recently i feel like the bindges are getting more frequent (hence me joining this group) and larger, I felt quite good about it for a while, not bindging that often - but now it seems to be the norm :(
    I hope together we can help and support each other