Spent a week hardly eating veges and now I have gout!

Options
Nixygirl
Nixygirl Posts: 35 Member
I've never had gout before either. Also what's weird is I've hardly eaten any of the foods that are high in purine!! Except for some cold beef deli slices and 200gms of salmon last week. I don't drink alcohol, soda or much of anything besides water and I drink about 2.3 ltrs of that a day.

Also, I've been in plateau for the last fortnight...gah!

What a literal pain! Any advice would be most appreciated.

Replies

• sljohnson1207
    sljohnson1207 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Can't see your diary, but my guess is your protein intake is too high overall regardless of whether the proteins were higher in purines or not.

Are you eating at least 65% of cals from fats? And how low was your carb count in NET carbs? Protein in this WOE is moderate.

It is a common misconception that low carb diets are low carb, low fat, and high protein. I'm not saying you have that misconception, but there isn't enough info here.

Also, have you had your kidney function blood work? How was gout diagnosed? Where is it? Just your big toe?
  • dawlfin318
    dawlfin318 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Also have you supplemented your electrolytes? Keep dneys dump sodium, magnesium and potassium which can affect many things.
  • dawlfin318
    dawlfin318 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    dawlfin318 wrote: »
    Also have you supplemented your electrolytes? Kidneys dump sodium, magnesium and potassium which can affect many things.

• laniereed1717
    laniereed1717 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My friend got gout also and it was with Damon also ....