Any other BrMo's doing keto?

Options
juhesihcaaa
juhesihcaaa Posts: 16 Member
I can't be the only one.

Replies

• HVlas3101
    Options
    I wanted to, but I'm a total math retard with a short attention span...is it hard to do?
  • Obsidianstone
    Obsidianstone Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    What's keto??
  • rbarkley347
    Options
    I have been on off of it since the beginning of October! Ugh....typing that out is embarrassing and makes me feel horrible. Keep trying and failing :( such and awesome and easy diet but my late night needing to snack out of boredom or idk what is a effin curse!
  • mfloydosu
    mfloydosu Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'd like to...but I'm concerned about doing it while breastfeeding. If it affect my supply or if too much protein and fat is a concern? Course I guess the previous option was a lot of pizza and sweets. Can't be worse than that!
  • juhesihcaaa
    Options
    Keto is a low carb/high fat diet. Basically, you eat less than 20g of carbs a day and the weight will basically fall off. I've done it before with great success and I'm starting again.

It's really not hard. No bread, pasta, fruits and any sweet vegis are out. There are TONS of resources with more details.

The best part? Meat is very low calorie so you can still eat a lot.
  • juhesihcaaa
    Options
    mfloydosu wrote: »
    I'd like to...but I'm concerned about doing it while breastfeeding. If it affect my supply or if too much protein and fat is a concern? Course I guess the previous option was a lot of pizza and sweets. Can't be worse than that!

I know/r/xxketo has seen this questions multiple times. Check it out.
  • lilyladyj
    Options
    I did it for 6 months and lost almost 40lbs. Got off track at the holidays and blew up. Once we finally get home after all our travels on Wednesday I'm getting right back to it. Love keto.
  • Obsidianstone
    Obsidianstone Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Maybe that explains why the weight is melting off me since giving up pop.
  • splendyam
    Options
    That's what I'm starting now. I did it and lost about 50lbs before I got pregnant. Now I've gained all that back. I've been trying to get back into unsuccessfully for the past few months. I'm hoping this time will stick. I've requested my husband not give on to my demands for pizza. If anyone doing it wants to be friends I definitely need some to hold me accountable. My daughter is almost 10 months and I'm actually not that worried about it affecting my supply.
  • RainSerana
    RainSerana Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I just stuck my nose down the keto rabbit hole. I figured my macros and changed my goals on here, so we'll see how it goes. I thought MFP had a recipe list that you could sift through for low carb, but I can't seem to find it now. What gives?

I could also use an acountabilibuddy for the bread/pasta/pizza cravings. I have some soda and ramen and rice to go through before I really restrict all that, because waste not want not, but when it's all gone I just won't be buying more. Although I'm not good at all about not buying soda. I've been caffeine free for almost 8 months, but still trying to kick the soda.
  • juhesihcaaa
    Options
    RainSerana, I drink diet soda. I'm trying to cut it out and have extremely cut back but it's not out completely.
  • derpyderp31
    derpyderp31 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Mr. Derp and I are doing a *kitten* version of it -- we discussed it yesterday and are taking the core ideas and implementing them (low card, good fats and protein). I can't really be bothered with the math aspect of it. I'm lucky enough to make a meal plan, haha.
  • RainSerana
    Options
    Meal plans are great. I made one for this past week, and stuck to it for 5 out of 7 days, so I call that a win. Time to make the plan for this week now! So far, I've been paying a lot more attention to what I'm eating, but haven't been able to jettison the amount of carbs I need to yet. I think next week, after we eat through the rice, I'll dive headfirst into total keto.

juhesihcaaa, I've tried a low-cal soda version, but it gives me a headache like diet versions do, just not as bad.
  • RainSerana
    Options
    How's everyone doing? Sticking to it?
  • derpyderp31
    derpyderp31 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've been at it for about a week and I'm doing shockingly well! I started out doing about 30-35g of carbs but then dialed it back to 20-25 (started thinking about pizza, haha). I'm surprised that I haven't wanted to gorge on all the pasta yet, or inhale a pan of brownies. I'm sure it's coming though! :)
  • RainSerana
    Options
    Yeah, it's coming. I just backslid with my kid's birthday and craved chips and pizza and all the crap snacks I used to gorge on. And I gorged :( Tomorrow is another day!
  • juhesihcaaa
    Options
    I had to stop keto. The high amounts of fats you need caused my fibrocystic breast disease to flair up really badly. I couldn't move because I was in such a crazy amount of pain. I am trying to keep my carb amount down (very little bread and pasta) simply because they're so high in calories.
  • RainSerana
    Options
    That sucks! D: Did you get to talk with a doc about it, see what other diet changes could have caused it, or what would work better for you?
  • juhesihcaaa
    Options
    Rain, I did a bunch of research and also talked to my doc. High fat diets cause hormonal changes blah blah and that makes the stands worse. You could literally see the strands in my breasts because they were contracting so much.
  • RainSerana
    Options
    I've pretty much given up on keto for now. I started a new job (first one in 6 years!) so I've catapulted from a sedentary lifestyle to full time food service. The exhaustion has me leaning on energy shakes and Clif bars, so there's no way I'll keep under 20 carbs. I have knocked 'em about in half, though! I used to graze on pasta, chips, and other high carb crap but I'm sticking to salads at work and more protein at home. MFP screwed up my starting weight somehow so it doesn't show properly but I've lost 10 pounds in the two months I've been working!