tired (and therefore, frustrated)

Options
JaimeNJ
JaimeNJ Posts: 51 Member
i feel exhausted. have for the past week. my fatigue has always been my biggest complaint. it's the only way i can sense that i might be having a flare. bowels are fine. usually are. it's frustrating to me that two months into scd i am having symptoms. i know that's probably completely unrealistic, but i just think all this sacrifice and lifestyle change should equal feeling good all the time. not sure how to boost myself.

Replies

• justaspoonfulofsugar
    Options
    Perhaps you are having a 2 month flare rather than a 3 month flare.
    Do you have energy for fitness?I find that helps if I am low energy..or perhaps you are doing fitness that is taking your last bit of energy?
    Are you eating enough food?Drinking enough water?I know those are simple things but sometimes it can be simple things.
    How is your sleep?Do you have time to take short little naps?A small 30 minute nap in the day can give a great boost.
  • JaimeNJ
    Options
    I am not eating enough or drinking enough water. I have a difficult time hitting even 1200 calories sometimes, though I try for closer to 1500. Sometimes I'm just so bored with food that I'd rather not eat than try to force something. So that could be the reason I suppose. What's the 3 month flare?
  • justaspoonfulofsugar
    Options
    Apparently there is a well known flare that happens around the 3rd month of SCD..many people report a setback and a resurgence of symptoms.Some say they get it at 2 months and others at 4.
  • kazzicles
    kazzicles Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hope you are managing a bit better by now Jaime - sounds like you were pretty depleted. Keeping the food interesting is a big part of this I think. I made some coconut oil 'fudge' which is dangerously delicious and an easy way to rack up calories on days you aren't getting enough. It's probably not an 'every day' food but definitely a pick me up when feeling over it and deprived.
  • JaimeNJ
    Options
    I want that recipe! I don't discovered banana bread and cinnamon muffins. I loved them. My tummy would have loved less of them. I'm feeling better, but yes, I think it's a challenge for me to eat enough.
  • kazzicles
    kazzicles Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Oh dear sorry again for being absent from the group... I hope you found a fudge recipe!