Workouts

Options
Hello mamas to be :)
Just wondering what kind of workout routines you guys are enjoying these days? I find it very hard to get motivated these days with such low energy but I really want to stick with it throughout my pregnancy so it's easier to get back into once baby's here. What kind of workouts are you doing? Weight routines, cardio? Right now, I'm doing a variety, I try to do some walking/stationary bike, light weights and prenatal yoga videos on you tube. I'm finding my legs are getting out of shape (very upsetting) because my body was use to using heavy weights and I'm no longer doing that. Are there any videos online that you enjoy doing?

Thanks in advance!

Maura

Replies

• Jillsie11
    Jillsie11 Posts: 249 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I do the Denise Austin and Lindsey Brin pregnancy DVDs. Lindsey Brin has one for each trimester that combines weights and cardio. It's not crazy strenuous, but it's good for keeping in shape. Plus, I walk a few miles on the treadmill several times a week. Way to keep it up!
  • MelissR75
    MelissR75 Posts: 760 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I was pretty good about lifting at least 3xs a week up until recently... Zero energy/motivation now. I've been doing yoga, Pilates and a full body circuit training DVD (not prenatal but I adjust the exercises so I'm comfortable). I know I've lost some strength but I'll get that back. It's just great we are still keeping active!!
  • dangergirl87
    Options
    I love doing any Jillian Michaels DVD and PLYOMETRICS. It's getting a bit harder now that I'm almost in my third trimester with all of the jumping and kicking lol!!

I still enjoy running, using the elliptical, and the following prenatal DVDs: Expecting More, Summer Sanders Prenatal, and MIF Pregnancy Dvd pack.

Most of the DVDs include using 3-8lbs weights and LOTS of squats! Squats and Lunges have been great for me this pregnancy.
  • gigigee
    gigigee Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I, too, am all about the DVDs! I like Suzanne Bowens & Tracy Anderson & Barre 3. You can fit 20 minutes in here & there and it really helps.
    Feel free to add me...
  • lulukittie
    lulukittie Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I ran my whole first trimester, but it started getting uncomfortable/painful in second tri, so I walk now. I go to a dance class and prenatal yoga, and I have a bunch of DVDs that I rotate through at home-- Fit & Sleek Prenatal Physique, Lindsay Brin's Pregnancy 3-Pack, the Summer Sanders prenatal one and 10 Minute Solution Prenatal Pilates. I like variety :smiley:
  • alynn0823
    Options
    I'm doing Tracy Andersons Pregnancy Project I think it's called. I just started it on Saturday and enjoyed it. It's not as boring as I thought and felt good! I wish I could do Jillian Michaels DVDs but thought you couldn't as you can't be on your back or jumping too much. At least that's what I was told by a personal trainer. :neutral_face:
  • cerimariegillett
    cerimariegillett Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I tend to youtube prenatal weights and choose something to do twice a week. I used to crossfit and stopped about 3 months before getting pregnant. I intended on doing some weight work at home with my partner but to be honest i've felt quite rubbish until recently. I've started kettlebells, with the v light weight also
  • poke987
    poke987 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I was already signed up for a half marathon in may, when I found out we were expecting. So, I'll continue to train for that. I'm going to just follow the training schedule and not add anything else even though I was originally planning to go for more miles per week... it calls for 3 short runs, 1 long run, 1 day cross training and 2 rest days per week. Will likley do streching and or yoga videos on my rest days. The day of the race i will be 21 weeks, I'll see how I feel at that point... id like to maybe keep running for a few more months after but come july i might switch to cardio at the gym- mainly the elliptical for the summer/most pregnant months. That's what I ended up doing last summer. Just don't enjoy running outside in the heat, and I can't imagine that with a big belly!
  • doeandmouse
    doeandmouse Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Last pregnancy I used perfect pregnancy DVD (by a cirque du soleil performer) and a long and lean DVD. They were okay, but I didn't sweat as much.

This pregnancy I bought Body by Trimester and I love it. It combines weights, lunges and ab work. I was doing Jillian michaels and Chalene extreme weight lifting beforehand so this is more on par with that. So glad I found it.