What's everyone's favorite bar/shake?

Options
I''m looking into getting some bars or shakes that are low carb for quick snacks and as part of a lunch on the go. So far I've tried quest and a flavor of atkins bars. Both were good, but not terribly filling. Any suggestions?

Replies

• IamUndrCnstruction
    IamUndrCnstruction Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    The ingredients in the Quest bars are better than most. They are my favorite. As far as shakes go, I haven't found one I like yet that is low carb...so interested to see what people suggest.
  • pensmurf
    pensmurf Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Quest protein powder they are new makes a great shake. Make then with 1 1/2c unsweetened Almond milk add some SF jello powder or SF pudding powder and 15-18 ice cubes . Makes a large glass plus for a fill snack or a shake to go.
  • nancytyc
    nancytyc Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Dymatize extended release protein powders...especially the vanilla....21 grams protein, 4 grams carbs (sugar), 130 calories. I mix it with coconut milk (high fat) to minimize the sugar/insulin response. When testing, I go up about 5 points in blood glucose.....which is so negligible that it is not worth mentioning. Also, since the protein is released slowly, there is not the concern of protein conversion.
  • aggie2145
    aggie2145 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I second Dymatize - I love all of their flavors but the Elite Gourmet Swiss Chocolate is my current favorite. It has 6 net carbs and zero sugar alcohols.

My favorite bar is any of the Epic Bars. They are all around 6 net carbs, no sugar alcohols and I can pronounce every ingredient. I was cautious at first - but they are like a soft beef jerky and a nice change from all the sweet bars on the market.
  • sbom1
    sbom1 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Just got shipment of Keto bars. Ate one today, filling, nicely chocolaty with coconut overtones. Not cheap though.
  • JimFsfitnesspal
    JimFsfitnesspal Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I find most bars / shakes too high in calories / carbs for the minimal protein. I found a "supreme protein" "carb conscious" bar with 30g of protein at Rutters that limits the carbs / calories way below most others. Regardless of the brand, look for "carb conscious" or the like.
  • Hungrydesperado
    Hungrydesperado Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Quest:)