advice please :)

Options
plantilar
plantilar Posts: 28 Member
Please can you help..I dont eat food with any added sugar n avoid recipes which inc carob honey or syrup due to naturally high sugar content..ive noticed when logging my fruit which is normally between 2-5 portions daily im going well over my daily sugar goal..would you cut back on the fruit..i am very active and look forward to my natural sweet treat but am i fooling myself or being too strict?

Replies

• rendress269
    rendress269 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I've noticed when my calories are set at 1200 per day, I tend to go over in my carbs/ sugars very easily. Recently bumped up to 1500 calories daily and don't seem to have the problem as often.
  • Monarch1982
    Monarch1982 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I think if we really want to lose...we must stick to the plan. I almost always go over my protein a couple points. Seems I have to cut back on meats, eggs and fish????? I thought those things were good for us!
  • devoslosingit
    devoslosingit Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Personally i only use the calorie counter as a way to check my numbers. I personally dont worry going over a little bit because i know that not everyday is the same. Tomorrow i could be way under and overall it wont hurt me. Fruit is naturally high in sugar, but it is extremly healthy to eat fruit. If you are worried about it check which fruits have a lower amount of sugar and stick to those. I wouldnt suggest completly cutting it because it is an important part of our daily diets. The fibers and even the sugars in fruit and vegetables help our bodies to digest different enzymes. As long as your not going over by eating high amounts of fake sugars and processed you should be good. Eating more protien will leave you fuller and counter act the high sugars in the fruits. Thats me though everyone is different and if you feel you need to cut it out then it is up to you.
  • cbradley903
    cbradley903 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I love my fruits too. As well as veggies. I get that about the sugars as well. But I am also in the thinking that if my calories are good and I stay active it is much better sugar then say candy. I am getting fiber and vitamins as well. So I would let yourself enjoy as long as you are eating a balanced meal plan through out the day. I am trying to eat clean for the most part. Good luck
  • plantilar
    Options
    Thank you everyone..your advice is really helpfull..now i know where to go in future for sensible answers
  • quo55
    quo55 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I think the set numbers for nutrient should be used as guides, but everyone is different. I personally wouldn't worry terribly about going over on sugar from fruit unless you have a health concern. I think what you really want to cut out is refined sugars.

Also, I wouldn't worry too much about going over or under in any one nutrient in a particular day. Each day is different (or should be). You need to keep variety in your eating while still sticking to your goals as closely as possible.
  • TBrownCVT
    TBrownCVT Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    The numbers are just a guide, and personally, I change mine to fit my body.
    If you're having trouble with carbs, try eating more berries instead of other fruits. (Note: strawberries aren't really berries. )
  • plantilar
    Options
    Thanks