Accidental bear - looking to slim down

Options
2»

Replies

• MoreFabbLessFlab
    MoreFabbLessFlab Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Are there "lady Bears" without the hair, obviously? And ShanehollandUK, you look great!
  • shanehollanduk
    shanehollanduk Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Bears are fine. I was (gulp) a bear. But a prediabetic bear is less than hot :( So... maybe I'll be a bear trapped in a thin otter body?

As to Lady Bears? Hmm.. I guess so. My Granny had facial hair too. Must be genetic

*wry smile*
  • BadgerFaced
    BadgerFaced Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I am a big bear fan, but know a few that had to slim down due to diabetes. I know it's for the best but damn, bears are hot.
  • shanehollanduk
    Options
    Hmm

Indeed. Dead bears are less hot...
  • DanBGVa
    DanBGVa Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Isn't it funny I know guys who want to be more bearish and yet I'm considered "a bear" and I desperately want to be thinner and in shape.. for me it is just not attractive to be overweight, I feel terrible, let alone embarrased with the little things happen, like getting into a rollercoaster, asking for a seatbelt extender on a plane.
  • exlibrissilvio
    exlibrissilvio Posts: 69 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Yeah...I was fat, the bears didn't want me. I was thin, the bears didn't want me. So, I said to hell with the bear community, I'll just be myself. I'm not desperate to be a label anyway.
  • shanehollanduk
    Options
    Well this (no longer?) bear welcomes you
  • themadscorpion
    Options
    GAH! I can so relate to this... I was always very lean - 58kg from the time I stopped growing and could never put on weight or muscle to save myself, despite being a heavy-drinking, drug-smoking, big-eating, hard-working, gym fanatic. Then I got a back injury, moved back to my home-town from the (hilly) city and was suddenly 62, 64, 68, 70kg, where I seem to have plateau'd. I realise 70kg still isn't that heavy, but on my frame it just sits like a food baby that's due in about 3 months.
    - Discovered, then promptly forgot about, and have now re-discovered MFP. This year is all about pushing for the positive for me, so I'm committing to keeping track of my eating and getting back into the lifting and exercise. After punching in my eating yesterday I was only about 700 calories over my daily limit! LOL. Today is going to be big on exercise and small on biscuits. I swear.
  • djasper73
    djasper73 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I fit into the bear category (as much as I'd prefer the label "cub" over "bear", I've been told I'm too old to be a cub LOL), but my goal is a bit more buff than fluff, if you know what I mean. I've gone to too many events and seen men my age hobbling around with canes or knee braces on because they've taken the "bear physique" a little too far and just plain let themselves go. I don't feel that feeling a part of the bear community means that you have license to stop respecting your body and your health. No more buffet bear for me!
  • daybehavior
    daybehavior Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    LOL @ buffet bear...
    I couldn't turn into a bear to save my life but I sure as hell aint giving up my buffets. (Just gotta make em fit into my day!)
    Yeah...I was fat, the bears didn't want me. I was thin, the bears didn't want me. So, I said to hell with the bear community, I'll just be myself. I'm not desperate to be a label anyway.

Yeah its sad that there's so many factions in an already marginalized community. I too learned long ago you cant force people to like who you are so its just best to focus on yourself and let the chips fall where they may.

And yes, fantastic job Mr. Holland :D
  • schneizilla
    schneizilla Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Howdy, new here...was always a bit bigger, got down, up, down and lately back up again. I guess I am bearish, but I have to agree with djasper73. I want to be less wabbly and more solid/buff/muscle...so right now I try to get down and then work it up from there.

But yeah...whatever ;-)