Confused...

Options
karirenae
karirenae Posts: 106 Member
So I binged over the weekend, actually starting thursday and ate just about everything in sight... :( I did this from Thursday to Saturday. Sunday I got back on the wagon and have been under 20g since.. I was 177 before I binged, and today I was 176... any suggestions on why this is? I was kind of stuck at 177-178 for about 2 weeks so Im wondering if having these cheat days would be better than the strict 20 or less g daily? Ive thought about carb cycling, and Im kind of thinking that that may be better than the way I am doing now...I guess my question is, anyone else had this happen? Did the weight continue to come off and has anyone tried cycling and how did it work for you?

Replies

• nill4me
    nill4me Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I don't cycle because I'm diabetic. But I did some off-roading over the holidays and ended up losing. No clue why other than higher activity levels and possible leptin reset.
  • strawmama
    strawmama Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I've been lower after a cheat as well, only to have it show up a few days later. This past weekend was a cheat for me and Monday I was a pound lower on the scale. Tuesday however, I was up 6 pounds. No clue as to why or how.
  • GSD_Mama
    GSD_Mama Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I don't understand this whole "cheating" thing. From what i read, the "carb day" is common among hard core athletes and body builders. For average folks it's not necessary at all. But again, i don't know much about it.
  • strawmama
    Options
    I don't get it either, lol. Sometimes I just get cravings for carby things and instead of suffer through it, I cave and either give it a day, or even just a meal. It helps me keep going. I also don't plan on doing strict keto for the rest of my life either.
  • sweetteadrinker2
    sweetteadrinker2 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    itcphotog wrote: »
    I don't understand this whole "cheating" thing. From what i read, the "carb day" is common among hard core athletes and body builders. For average folks it's not necessary at all. But again, i don't know much about it.

I've also seen it used as a way to avoid eating the next day in regular people, if they're going to be super busy the next day. Not sure it's suppossed to be used that way though.

• strawmama
    Options
    Now that's just weird.
  • GSD_Mama
    GSD_Mama Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    itcphotog wrote: »

I've also seen it used as a way to avoid eating the next day in regular people, if they're going to be super busy the next day. Not sure it's suppossed to be used that way though.

That's possible for regular folks,but i find it strange to eat that way?
    For athletes, they carb up before heavy workouts/marathons/etc... but not because they will not eat all day, I don't know.
  • totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Scales are weird. But if you're down in weight that's good? The important thing is not to stress. I am convinced stress is bad for weight loss!
  • karirenae
    karirenae Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Scales are weird. But if you're down in weight that's good? The important thing is not to stress. I am convinced stress is bad for weight loss!

Haha, yeah, im sure youre right, I just dont get it, I dont know whether to do it or not do it. DIETS ARE CRAZY!!