Recipe Thread!

Options
Let's all post our recipes in one thread, ones we've come up with ourselves, robbed from the internet or modified to be low carb! Maybe with a little review of how it tasted, would/would not make again, etc.

Replies

• GSD_Mama
    GSD_Mama Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Yeah!! I was just thinking that we need our own recipe "sticky" up there :)
  • sweetteadrinker2
    sweetteadrinker2 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I made Coconut flour bread last night, I took it straight from the atkins site.

174287j964m8.png
    llxzxeckgxtp.png

It's absolutely delicious, very desert-y. The inside is definitely bread textured, the outside crust is more of a biscuit. My only complaint is that it didn't puff up to be anything like a loaf, so in order to make a sandwich out of it you'd need to slice yourself a square of it then cut that to make a top and bottom. That would give you something like 3-5 servings which is high both caloricly and carb wise. But for a buttered biscuit treat in the morning I am definitely making this again! It also has the advantage of tasting buttered on it's own, and having a decent amount of fat for bread.
  • sweetteadrinker2
    Options
    itcphotog wrote: »
    Yeah!! I was just thinking that we need our own recipe "sticky" up there :)

Darn right we do. We must pool our resources.
  • JennyToy
    JennyToy Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    this is my fav so far for real bread like texture: http://lowcarbdudecom.blogspot.com/2007/11/recipe-kims-low-carb-flax-meal-cinnamon.html
    i use vegetable oil. i have tried coconut oil but the consistency is not the same.
    Disclaimer: yes i know vegetable oil isn't the best option-but i only make these about once a quarter-and when i want the bread texture, i want the bread texture. So for me, it is worth it. Last time i also used 2 Tlsp vanilla extract. They are only slighly sweet and awesome with butter. Also be sure to let the batter sit the five minutes.
    One more hint if you use a bigger cupcake size they are more normal looking and bigger.
  • JennyToy
    edited February 2015
    Options
  • GSD_Mama
    Options
    My favorite pancakes to date!
    fzgbma3e73xu.jpg

Yield: Four 6-inch pancakes
    Serving Size: 1 pancake

Ingredients
    2 oz cream cheese
    2 eggs
    1 packet stevia (or any) sweetener ( i didn't use any, added vanilla instead)
    1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

Instructions
    Put all ingredients in a blender or magic bullet. Blend until smooth. Let rest for 2 minutes so the bubbles can settle. Pour 1/4 of the batter into a hot pan greased with butter or pam spray. Cook for 2 minutes until golden, flip and cook 1 minute on the other side. Repeat with the rest of the batter. Serve with sugar free syrup (or any syrup of your choice) and fresh berries.
    Notes

Approx nutrition info per batch: 344 calories, 29g fat, 2.5g net carbs, 17g protein
  • sweetteadrinker2
    Options
    JennyToy wrote: »

Do you replace the honey to cut the carbs, or is it worth it?
  • JennyToy
    Options
    I went ahead and used the honey because they are tiny and if you eat a few of them per day the carbs are negligible. Also the author swears the honey gives you a satiation that for example stevia in the recipe wouldn't. But there were ppl in the comments who used stevia and said it came out just fine.
  • SOOZIE429
    SOOZIE429 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Thanks baconslave. Yep, we already have a couple of good recipe threads.
  • GSD_Mama
    Options
    Just made, fresh from the cutting board!

Almond Joy Fat bombs

Ingredients
    2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
    2 tbsp cocoa powder
    1 tbsp almond butter
    1 tbsp coconut flour
    Splenda to taste (used vanilla instead)

Instructions
    Mix the cocoa powder into the coconut oil. Add the almond butter and mix until smooth. Add the coconut flour and Splenda.

Pour into round molds and freeze for at least 10 minutes.

Optional: Once firm, use a toothpick to grab and dip each ball in a thin layer of melted dark chocolate. Place on wax paper and put back into the freezer for 5 minutes.

These fat bombs store well in the fridge and freezer.
    hsmmviwje0bm.png
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    I know most people aren't fans of the artificial sweeteners, but I found my new favorite fat bomb, tweaked my way. It is a creamy, custardy, dense mousse like pudding that just makes me SUPER happy.

Jello Fat Bombs

1 package of sugar free gelatin, your flavor choice (peach is my current fave)
    1/2 packed (approximately 1.5 tsp) of unflavored gelatin (I used Knox out of habit)
    2 cups boiling water
    1 cup full fat sour cream
    1 cup heavy whipping cream
    1 packet stevia sweetener (to taste, optional - this took off the sour cream edge for me)

Boil water. Dissolve both gelatins completely. Stir at least 2 minutes.

Stir in and fully in corporate 1 cup sour cream. (I use a whisk, but this could be done in a mixer, by hand, whatever.) Mix at least 2 minutes. (Btw, all the mixing keeps it from separating later)

Whip in 1 cup heavy cream. You could just stir it in, but I like the little bit of mousse like texture it adds. Again, stir at least two minutes.

Pour into 4 portions, approximately 1 cup each (slightly larger if whipped). Refrigerate until firmly set.

Recipe in MFP Shows as:
    331 calories, 32 grams fat, 4 grams carbs/net carbs (no fiber), 4 grams protein

FULL DISCLOSURE - the original recipe does not have the added unflavored gelatin, but it set too soft for me. Also, it did not add the sweetener over the jello sweetening, but the sour cream "bite" was off-putting for me (I'm not a fan of it straight at all), so adding that little bit of sweetness took the edge off, and it is still far less sweet than my old sweets! :) And this works fabulously for those who can't afford other fats sources.
  • Twibbly
    Twibbly Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    Easy mayo:
    1. Put 1 egg in jar (I use a tall pickle jar).
    2. Add 1 tbsp acid (I like lime juice)
    3. Add a squirt of mustard if you'd like some extra flavor
    4. Add 1 cup of oil (I've used light olive oil and used MCT oil in my last batch)
    5. Put immersion blender in bottom of jar.
    6. Turn immersion blender on and move it around until you have mayo (took about 30 seconds or less this morning)
  • DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    @itcphotog: Ohmygoodness, those look and sound Ah-MAZE-ing!!!!! I just may have to jump on the fat bomb bandwagon after all, although I don't seem to have any trouble reaching my daily fat allotment without them.....
  • yturie47
    yturie47 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Great recipe for crispy crackers! SO easy and good!

In small bowl mix 2 tab of crushed flax seed, 1 tab. Kraft Parmesan cheese, 2 tab of water.

Let this sit for a couple minutes. Spread the soft mixture on a piece of wax paper, pat flat with your hand to about 1/8 " thick. Sprinkle to with salt and pepper, experiment with seasoning and spices when you get the hang of it.

Slid onto a plate and microwave on high for 60-90 seconds. (depends on your oven). Let it cool for 3 minutes. Enjoy. I had this today with egg salad.
  • Sugarbeat
    Sugarbeat Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    JennyToy wrote: »
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    I know most people aren't fans of the artificial sweeteners, but I found my new favorite fat bomb, tweaked my way. It is a creamy, custardy, dense mousse like pudding that just makes me SUPER happy.

Jello Fat Bombs

1 package of sugar free gelatin, your flavor choice (peach is my current fave)
    1/2 packed (approximately 1.5 tsp) of unflavored gelatin (I used Knox out of habit)
    2 cups boiling water
    1 cup full fat sour cream
    1 cup heavy whipping cream
    1 packet stevia sweetener (to taste, optional - this took off the sour cream edge for me)

Boil water. Dissolve both gelatins completely. Stir at least 2 minutes.

Stir in and fully in corporate 1 cup sour cream. (I use a whisk, but this could be done in a mixer, by hand, whatever.) Mix at least 2 minutes. (Btw, all the mixing keeps it from separating later)

Whip in 1 cup heavy cream. You could just stir it in, but I like the little bit of mousse like texture it adds. Again, stir at least two minutes.

Pour into 4 portions, approximately 1 cup each (slightly larger if whipped). Refrigerate until firmly set.

Recipe in MFP Shows as:
    331 calories, 32 grams fat, 4 grams carbs/net carbs (no fiber), 4 grams protein

FULL DISCLOSURE - the original recipe does not have the added unflavored gelatin, but it set too soft for me. Also, it did not add the sweetener over the jello sweetening, but the sour cream "bite" was off-putting for me (I'm not a fan of it straight at all), so adding that little bit of sweetness took the edge off, and it is still far less sweet than my old sweets! :) And this works fabulously for those who can't afford other fats sources.

Those sound awesome.
  • LowCarbHeart
    LowCarbHeart Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    My favorite dinner that has stood the test of time is French Onion Chicken. I count it as 3 Net Carbs per Chicken Breast.

Ingredients:

3 Chicken Breasts
    1 Egg
    French’s French Fried Onions

Directions:

1. Pre heat oven to 375 degrees
    2. Take 1/2 cup of French’s French Fried Onions, pour onto a plate, and crush with the back of a fork until it looks like bread crumbs
    3. Beat the egg and pour onto a separate plate
    4. Dip each chicken breast, front and back, in the egg and then in the French Onion crumbs
    5. Lay chicken on either a greased pan or a pan lined with tin foil (for easy clean up)
    6. Bake for 20 – 25 minutes

bjx9lg0rfifr.jpg
  • LowCarbHeart
    LowCarbHeart Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    My second favorite is Keto pizza, I found this recipe late in the game on nobunplease.com and so wish I had known about it when I was first starting out! Pizza is my all time favorite and this is a very easy and great tasting substitute!

Ingredients:

Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
    1 Egg
    Pinch of Basil
    Pinch of Garlic Powder
    Low Carb Pizza Sauce
    Favorite pizza toppings

Directions:

1. Pre heat oven to 425 degrees
    2. Mix 1.5 cups of mozzarella cheese with 1 egg
    3. Add in a pinch of garlic powder and basil
    4. Spread the mixture flat in a greased dish, you can use a pie dish or we use a 13×9 Pyrex dish that makes for a larger albeit thinner pizza.
    5. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes
    6. Remove from oven and add your pizza sauce (we use Casa Visco), cheese, and pizza toppings. Our favorite is pepperoni but sometimes we mix it up and use pesto, chicken, roasted red peppers and onions
    7. Bake for another 10 minutes
    8. Slide pizza onto a cutting board and let stand for a couple of minutes before cutting.

ef3p3q0dt9zn.jpg

• GSD_Mama
    Options
    I've got to try this pizza!!! :)

I've made these babies today!
    Bacon Avocado Muffins
    h8c2xbsr311b.jpg

This makes a total of 16 Avocado Bacon Muffins. Each muffin comes out to be 163 Calories, 14.1g Fats, 1.5g Net
    Carbs, and 6.1g Protein.
    The Preparation
    5 large Eggs
    5 Slices Bacon
    2 tbsp. Butter
    1/2 cup Almond Flour
    1/4 cup Flaxseed Meal
    1 1/2 tbsp. Psyllium Husk Powder
    2 medium Avocados
    4.5 oz. Colby Jack Cheese
    3 medium Spring Onions
    1 tsp. Minced Garlic
    1 tsp. Dried Cilantro
    1 tsp. Dried Chives
    1/4 tsp. Red Chili Flakes
    Salt and Pepper to Taste
    1 1/2 cup Coconut Milk (from the carton)
    1 1/2 tbsp. Lemon Juice
    1 tsp. Baking Powder
    The Execution
    1. Mix together eggs, almond flour, flax, psyllium, spices, coconut milk and lemon juice.
    2. Cook bacon over medium-low heat, and once crisp add butter to the pan. Cube avocado and
    add the rest of the ingredients to the mixture.
    3. Preheat oven to 350F, measure the batter between 12 greased cupcake molds, and bake for
    24-26 minutes.
    4. Once finished, cook leftover batter into 4 muffins. Store in the fridge and enjoy cold.