Surgery Tomorrow!

Options
LunaGuido
LunaGuido Posts: 115 Member
Hi Everyone! I'm so glad to have found this group. My RNY is tomorrow and I'm excited, but also scared. Any last minute advice/encouragement would be so appreciated! Thanks.
Jen

Replies

• klcovington
    klcovington Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the surgery! Just relax and be patient with yourself. Best wishes!
  • stroynaya
    stroynaya Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    congrats! Relax (if possible). Drink water right up until your fluid intake cutoff time. Take a book/tablet/e-reader with you along with basic toiletries and comfy post surgery clothes (non-binding around middle). Walk as much as possible post-surgery (when not sleeping). Check back in and let us know how it went.
  • madmags
    madmags Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Congrats and best of luck. My life line was my headphones and I phone. I slept through the night with music playing to block out the noise of the hospital.
  • LunaGuido
    Options
    Thank you all so much!!!
  • jesswagspgh
    jesswagspgh Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm 8days post-op. Take it slow! Take Chapstick to the hospital.
  • lorilbuckner1
    lorilbuckner1 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Good luck! Im 2 days out a doing well! Feel better than I thought I would! Praying for a speedy recovery for you!
  • LunaGuido
    Options
    Thank you, Jess & Lori! - Jen
  • stephenbernierla
    Options
    Best of luck and congratulations. Best advice is follow doctors orders and don't try to eat anything until he gives the OK. First meal for me after the OK, Pintos and cheese from Taco Bell. Oh be prepared, you will notice every food commercial on TV and it will seem like they run them more often, lol.
  • cabennett99
    cabennett99 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    You know what to do at this point; good luck!
  • RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    I hope surgery went well. Looking forward to following your progress!
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Here's hoping surgery went well. The gas pains do improve. The key is to walk walk walk! The more you move the quicker the gas will move. Don't be surprised if you feel it in either, or both, shoulders. That is were I felt it even 2-3 weeks out I could feel it. I had my RNY on January 20th, so I am right at a month ahead of you. I know recovery will be your priority, but feel free to ask me anything. Best to you and hoping for a speedy recovery!