Daily report 2015-02-18

Options
lsabeIIe
lsabeIIe Posts: 566 Member
Good morning wonderful people!

This is your place for today to tell us how awesome you are ! ;)

Replies

• Mrsallen6_11
    Mrsallen6_11 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Well, today I am super sore (yay & poo lol) so I'm taking a rest day, I might go for a light walk this afternoon. I'm going to go grocery shopping tonight, my local store gets all their fresh produce on Wednesday evenings so it's the best time to go. I've decided for dinner I'm going to make something different, I've been checking out some of the recipes in the HelloHealthy section of MFP and I've decided I'm going to try the Garlicky Bacon & Spinach Grilled Cheese, cause that sounds REALLY yummy, and some Baked Apple Chips for dessert.

Good luck everyone on your journeys, keep up the good work.
  • scrapbookingtm
    scrapbookingtm Posts: 1,916 Member
    Options
    I got out of bed early enough to do 16 min of strength training! Off to work now. Will check in later. Have a wonderful day everyone!
  • mygin44
    mygin44 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    An hour on the arc trainer, almost an hour doing various weights. Ended with the big ropes. Im not sure the exact name for them, but I love them. My whole body feels it.

Today for snack I was in the mood for potato chips. Instead I took some whole mushrooms and baked them. I am stuffed.
    Everyone have a wonderful day.
  • Mrsallen6_11
    Options
    mygin44 wrote: »
    I took some whole mushrooms and baked them.

I have GOT to try this, that sounds good.
  • lsabeIIe
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Hello people !

Today I did:

-30 minutes high intensity aerobic
    -80 minutes yoga
    -40 minutes walk

For a wonderful total of 150 mins of moving my body! :D

I also played the guitar for 20 mins.

I started a 8 weeks yoga challenge today with one of my friend ! I'm wondering if he is gonna make it !? I know I will !! :blush:

Kriss let us know about that grilled cheese ... yuuummmm

Alisa let us know how your day went

Mygin Good job on the workout and on those baked mushrooms ! :)

• SRJennings
    SRJennings Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I am spending almost the whole day in the car. Terrible traffic! The college tour netted me my 10000 step goal! Good day!
  • rissavanwey
    Options
    Hi everybody! Good job on working toward your goals today :)

- I hit 10k steps according to my fitbit for the first time in a while. Took the puppies for separate walks, and went to my car in the parking garage a couple of times just to get off my booty.
    - I'm about to go do Day 1 of my 30 Day Challenges.
    - I logged everything I ate today, even though I'm way over. Cheetos and a coke for a snack plus Chik Fil A with the boytoy do not keep me anywhere near 1200 cals for the day. But I did log everything, dangit!

Bit of a vent, sorry: I started a temp job while still looking for my first nursing job, which feels like a huge setback because I worked here all through college and now I'm back and everyone is all, Hey didn't you graduate? Have you passed your boards yet? Yes, and yes. I have an RN and a BSN behind my name, but not the all-important E-M-P-L-O-Y-E-D letters. Soon, hopefully. Cross your fingers for me!! I guess sitting at an office working on spreadsheets beats sitting at my desk here at home perusing Pinterest in between looking at jobs?

Also the work has a vending machine. With cheetos. My best and worst frenemy. Today I caved....but I won't every day. Tomorrow I will not have cash with me :)
  • HealthyBella403
    HealthyBella403 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Determined to check in before flopping into bed! Today was brutal in terms of work and obligations, and I always tend to eat junk in stressful situations. But, I was able to bite the bullet and stick to healthy snacks like baby carrots! And I even squeezed in a Pilates sesh:) Thanks to all you awesome people for supporting me and making this group such a positive environment!
  • Mrsallen6_11
    Options
    Well @Isabelle‌ the grilled cheese were great, even though I burned one (I ate that one), and the baked apple chips were really good too.

@rissavanwey‌ I hope you find a job soon, I have few friends who are nurses and it took them a good while to find a job after college too. I'm the same about the vending machine too, I can't seem to stay away lol. So I make my husband take any loose change or ones so I don't get tempted by flaming hot cheetos or honey buns lol. What helps me best though, is bring snacks with me to work that way even if I do have change or ones on me I'm not so tempted.
  • lsabeIIe
    Options
    Cross your fingers for me!!
    I will do that. I'm sure you will find something soon. Best of luck to you.
    Thanks to all you awesome people for supporting me and making this group such a positive environment!
    You are welcome ! And remember we are in this together, you are a part of our success to.
    ..and the baked apple chips were really good too.
    I will have to try those.

And... good job everybody, can you see we are moving in the right direction ! I'm proud of you all.
  • scrapbookingtm
    scrapbookingtm Posts: 1,916 Member
    Options
    Well I am glad I did a bit of exercise before work because after work I was so tired I just ate and fell into bed. Hope this next day is better. Everyone is doing so well, I can do better too.
  • strongbeanthecat
    Options
    Wow! Great job everyone!

I took a hard and fast fall off the wagon yesterday, but I'm back at it today. I had a migraine and a nerve-wracking meeting with my boss, so I ate my feelings and plowed through some chips and cookies with lunch. Dinner was roasted veggies and meatballs though. No time to go to the gym in the evening because of the meeting, but at least I didn't cap off the day with more garbage food.

Whoops! Two months ago I would have been so upset that I slipped. Now I know that I can get back to it again, no problem.