9 mile run

Options
jlewisrn74
jlewisrn74 Posts: 94 Member
today was my farthest run at 9 miles!! I am training for a 1/2 marathon in April. I'm so excited. 10 miles is my goal. I always thought if I could run 10 miles I could consider myself a real runner. Next Saturday I will run 10 and be a real runner!!

Replies

• BluGnat
    BluGnat Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! I'm training for a 1/2 in April, too. Good luck!
  • rps67
    rps67 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I'm training for a 10K at the end of next month and a half at the end of the summer. I think if you run on a regular basis, you can consider yourself a real runner. =)
  • keithm138
    keithm138 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Congrats that's great , I'm a little behind you , I'm training for my first 10k and I know a half is in my future as well ,
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    So did the 10-miler go?
  • jlewisrn74
    Options
    It was 28 degrees and windy. So bummed! I like to run in the cold but not that cold!!! And not the wind. Last week it was in the 70's....
  • Charliegottheruns
    Charliegottheruns Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Your already a runner. :)
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Wow! WTG :D
  • nguyenfiona
    Options
    wow 9 miles, thats so awesome! i only run 3.5 and i am out of breath
  • fnoblebrown
    fnoblebrown Posts: 61 Member
    Options

What he said.

I train for 5k's, largely because they are easy races to bring the family along with; I can run at my pace and not have to wait too long for those who'd rather walk. :smile:

My exercise runs are 4 miles, 2-3 days a week right now. As my pace improves, I will likely stretch to 5. Right now I don't have any terrible urge to go much further, but it's not out of the question.

Still, as I've shed over 40 pounds on the farm roads around my house, I feel pretty comfortable calling myself a runner at this point, and so should you. :smiley:
  • jlewisrn74
    Options

What he said.

I train for 5k's, largely because they are easy races to bring the family along with; I can run at my pace and not have to wait too long for those who'd rather walk. :smile:

My exercise runs are 4 miles, 2-3 days a week right now. As my pace improves, I will likely stretch to 5. Right now I don't have any terrible urge to go much further, but it's not out of the question.

Still, as I've shed over 40 pounds on the farm roads around my house, I feel pretty comfortable calling myself a runner at this point, and so should you. :smiley:
    That's awesome!!! I love running 5K's. We racked them up this summer. Took my kids and they ran too. Collected a ton of T shirts :)
  • newtsonfeet
    newtsonfeet Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the 9 miler! Training for my first half in May as well. Good Luck!
  • gamari01
    gamari01 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    New member to this group :)

Congratulations on the 9 miler!!!

Six years ago I would have never, ever even dreamed of running, but one day...I did it!
    This July will be my fourth straight year of running a 1/2 marathon. My first year was great (nervous but excited), the second year was even better, the third year sucked (didn't train very well), and this year...we'll see!

To me, a runner is a runner no matter how far the distance or how fast they run. If they're consistently running, they're a runner! (*) (*) (*)