Books

Options
Recently I have stumbled upon a book called mindless eating and I must say Bravo!! This book is unbiased and the author just wrote about what he knew during his journey of understanding food and marketing tactics. No junk science! Personally I like to take a challange in ine of those test kitchens lol, I believe the authors test"kitchen is in Champaign IL, but I'm sure there are many out there.

Last night at the gym there were pizza and burgers on every tv plus they opened a pizza shop next to my gym. At first I was mad because secretly I wanted to buy a box and sit in my car stuffing my face rather then workout but thanks to this book I understand more about my mindless eating and ended up having a great workout and a healthy dinner.

Are there any books out there that you have read that inspire you to get where you wanna go? Or better understand food? Or perhaps it's just a good book and you would like to recommend it :)

Replies

• HatherM
    HatherM Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    At the moment whilst I'm in uni I don't really have time to read anything, other than uni related books :(

Before I started uni though I did read a book the Mayo Clinic Diet, which is basically just common sense eating, healthy & clean & the 80:20 rule etc.
    That really helped motivate me & get me on track :smile:
  • thekatielong
    Options
    You know I totally understand having a busy schedule and reading. I must admit I do a lot of audio books lol, I usually load them on my phone and play them when I'm driving or cooking or cleaning.

I will check out the mayo clinic book, it's hard finding good books that aren't junk. With science books i go through a bunch before finding something that isn't junk science or biased.
  • smdelzer
    smdelzer Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the book recommendation thekatielong. It sounds super interesting!
  • tabbyblack13
    tabbyblack13 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I'm reading Eat Right 4 Your Type. It talks about the correct diet based off of your blood type. It was recommended to me by my dr to help me lose weight. It gets into a lot of the science behind the theory.
  • thekatielong
    Options
    WOW thanks for the info, I might have to look it up. It's quite fascinating how different our bodies are and one diet is not always good for the next person.
  • Nicole51078
    Options
    I read the 17 day diet and have been following it for about a month and a half. It basically takes you through stages from accelerate (lean proteins and cleansing vegetables) to maintain. Adding foods along the way. It guides you to knowing what and how much of things you should be eating. Since i started my weight loss journey I've lost 19 pounds and i feel better than i have in a really long time!!!